The Battle

We had all fallen into a deep sleep, using Aslan as a pillow as we clung desperately to him. Morning came and we rose, knowing the battle must have already started or was about to.

Susan sat up first, then me and last was Lucy. Susan let out a sigh and said, "We should go." I nodded in agreement and then I slipped off the table with Susan and then turned to help Lucy down off it.

"I'm so cold," She said to us. I sighed sadly and Susan and I both shared a nod in agreement. We were cold as well. We looked back at the table for a moment before walking away. Susan and I wrapped our arms around Lucy as we walked.

As we reached the steps and started to descend them a large shake went through the stone beneath our feet. There was a loud crack the rang loud and clear, causing our eardrums to ring.

We were thrown off balance and down onto our knees on the steps. I tried to settle myself back onto my feet but it was hard with hard with the ringing in my ears. Susan grabbed my arm and Lucy's, stopping us from tumbling down the stairs.

While Susan and I tried to make sense of what had just happened and recollect ourselves, Lucy looked around, her eyes widening and she said, "Susan! Katharina!" Wanting to know what she was yelling about we spun around in our seats on the stone steps to look.

We cautiously stepped back up onto the stone platform and approached the Stone Table. We took our time as we came closer and closer to be table. "Where's Aslan?" Lucy asked. We continued to stare in awe at the table and around it. We tried to see if there was any sign of Aslan anywhere but there wasn't.

Suddenly, a bright light beamed through the rectangular rock formation. We looked up at it to try and see through it as a large figure stepped up. I froze at the sight of it. It was Aslan. He stepped through the light and he became clear to us.

"Aslan!" The three of us yelled together. It was easy to tell we were ecstatic. We rushed around the Stone Table, Aslan trotted his way down the steps towards us and we tackled him. Aslan laughed at our excitement.

"But we saw the knife . . . The Witch," Susan said. "If the Witch knew the true meaning of sacrifice, she might have interpreted the Deep Magic differently," Aslan said as was strolled back over to the table and studied the writing carved into it. "That when a willing victim who has committed no treachery is killed in a traitors stead, the Stone Table would crack and even death itself would turn backwards."

"We sent the news that you were dead. Peter and Edmund will have gone to war," Susan said. Lucy, confidentially pulled her dagger from it's sheath and hold it in a strong grip, "We have to help them." Aslan lifted up a paw and placed it on her wrist, "And we will, dear one. But not alone." He forced her hand down.

Aslan then walked forward, "Climb on my back. We have far to go and little time to get there." We all shared amazed looks before we did as Aslan asked. I was seated behind Lucy and in front of Susan. "And you may want to cover your ears," Aslan stated before he gave an ear-splitting roar. We quickly pressed our hands over our ears in the hopes of blocking the loud noise but it didn't help much.

Aslan raced across fields and passed forests and lakes as made our way to who knows where. We hold a tight grip onto each other and on Aslan, yet we knew we didn't have to, Aslan wouldn't let us fall.

"Where are we going?" Susan asked as we studied the amazing sights that were flashing past. "Hang on!" That was the only thing Aslan said. As we reached a large clump of trees I spotted what looked to be castle towers made of ice towering above the trees. It was the White Witch's castle. It looked almost like a lake was no surrounding the castle as nearly all the ice had melted.