Meeting Mr. Tumnus

It was the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep I was thinking about Narnia. Lucy told me about the snow and it doesn't how I remember Narnia. She also told me about a Faun named Mr. Tumnus she meet.

I sighed sadly and sat up. I got out of my bed and walked out of my room only to see Lucy getting out of her and Susan's bedroom, with a lighted candle. "Lucy?" I asked. Lucy turned around and looked at me. "What are you doing up so late?"

"Come with me," She whispered as she grabbed my hand and lead me to the spare room, where the wardrobe was. I stared at it. What happen if it doesn't work?

Lucy opened the door and then a gust of wind blow out Lucy's candle. My eyes grow wide while Lucy smiled and looked at me. She grabbed my hand again, lading me in.

I saw a light ahead. And then, we stepped into a forest. Everywhere was snowing. "No way . . ." I whispered.

I was back! I was back in Narnia! But it didn't feel right for me. What happened to the Narnia I have know and love? Where's Aslan? And all the Narnians?

Lucy turned to me and took my hand again. We began to walk through the snow. "Lucy, where are we going?" I asked, frowning. "I want you to meet Mr. Tumnus," She replied with a big smile.

When we got to Mr. Tumnus's house, Lucy knocked on the door and a faun opened the door slowly. It's Mr. Tumnus. He's face light up when he saw Lucy.

"Hello, Mr. Tumnus," Lucy said with a smile. "Hello, Lucy," He said with a small smile and then his eyes went up to me and his eyes grow slightly wide. "P-Princess Katharina?"

"Princess?" Lucy asked, wide eyes. I nervously laughed. "Yeah. Um . . . Lucy, I need to tell you something. I'm --"

"Not out here," Mr. Tumnus interrupted me, whispering. "They're listening."

"He's talking about the trees," Lucy whispered to me. I looked back at the trees before going inside the house with Lucy. Mr. Tumnus closed the door and I turned to Lucy. "Can you keep a secret?" I asked and she nodded. "I'm from Narnia. This is my home."

"Really?" She asked with a big smile. I nodded, giving her a smile. "That's amazing!" She said. "I guess," I said, giggling softly.

"She's actually the Protector and Princess of Narnia," Mr. Tumnus pointed out and then turned to me. "The animals and creatures had been waiting for your returning, Your Majesty. You couldn't image what the Whit Witch had been doing to Narnia."

"I think I know," I said as I took a seat around by the fire along with him and Lucy. We talked for a little while before Lucy and I decided we should go back. We said goodbye to Mr. Tumnus and then walked back to where we came from.

As we walked, we both noticed Edmund. "Edmund?" Lucy called and he turned to us. "Oh Edmund, you got in too!" She said, happily and gave her brother a hug. "Isn't it wonderful?"

"Where've you two been?" He asked, looking between me and his sister. "With Mr. Tumnus," I replied. "He's fine. The White Witch hasn't found out anything about him helping me," Lucy said. "The White Witch?" Edmund asked.

"She calls herself the queen of Narnia, but she really isn't," Lucy said. I noticed that Edmund looked a little bit guilty. "Edmund, are you alright?" I asked. "You look awful," Lucy added, noticing as well.

"Well what do you expect! I mean, It's freezing! How do we get out of here?" He asked. "Come on," Lucy said, grabbing her brother's wrist, "This way." She led Edmund back to the wardrobe, and I followed.

We were back at the spare room. Lucy ran out of the room while I closed the door of the wardrobe and followed Lucy with Edmund to his and Peter bedroom. I turned on the lights as Lucy jumped on Peter's bed, "Peter, Peter wake up! It's there, it's really there!"

Peter rolled over still half asleep. "Lucy, what are talking about?" He asked as Susan walked in. "Narnia! It's all in the wardrobe, like I told you!" Lucy said. "Oh Lucy, you've been dreaming," Susan said.

"But I haven't! I've seen Mr. Tumnus again! Oh, and this time -- Katharina and Edmund went too," Lucy said. Peter looked at me and Edmund. "You saw the faun?"

I was about to answer but Lucy stopped me. "Well, Katharina did but Edmund didn't actually go there with me," She said and then turned to Edmund, "What were you doing Edmund?"

"I-I was just playing along. I'm sorry, Peter. I shouldn't have encouraged her. You know what little children are like these days. They just don't know when to stop pretending," Edmund said and he sat on his bed, looking smugly at Lucy.

What? I couldn't believe it! Lucy started to cry and ran out of the room. "Lucy!" I called and then looked at Edmund. "Can't believe you," I said before running after Lucy, following by Susan and Peter.

We stopped when we saw Lucy hugging the Professor. "You children are one shenanigan shy of sleeping' in the stable --" Ms. Macready said and then noticed the Professor. "Oh, Professor! I'm sorry. I told them you were not to be disturbed."

"It's alright, Ms. Macready. I'm sure there's an explanation. But I think this one is in need of some hot chocolate," The Professor said. "Yes Professor. Come on, dear," Ms. Macready said to Lucy and wrapped her arm around her as she led her away.

"Walk away," I whispered and Peter, Susan and I turned to walk away but the Professor clear his throat and we turned back to him.

Peter, Susan and I were at the Professor's office with him. The Professor sat at his desk and took some tobacco out of its silver apple case and put it in his pipe. "You seem to have upset the internal balance of my housekeeper," He said.

"We are very sorry sir, it won't happen again," Peter promised. "It's our sister, sir. Lucy," Susan said. "The weeping girl?" The Professor asked. "Yes, sir. She's upset," Susan said.

"Hence the weeping," The Professor said. "It's nothing. We can handle it," Peter said and he took mine and Susan's sleeves. "Oh, I can see that," The Professor said sarcastically.

"She thinks she's found a magical land . . ." Susan started and the Professor smiled. "In the upstairs wardrobe." The Professor's smile fell and he stood up.

"What did you say?" He asked. "The wardrobe upstairs. Lucy thinks she's found a forest inside," Susan said and the Professor looked at me. I nodded slightly at him.

The Professor looked back at Peter and Susan. "What was it like?" He asked. "Like talking to a lunatic," Susan said. "That's a bit mean," I muttered to myself.

"No, not her -- the forest!" The Professor said. "You're not saying you believe her?" Peter asked. "You don't?" The Professor asked. "Of course not. I mean, logically, it's impossible," Susan said.

The Professor looked at me. "What do they teach at schools these days?" He asked quietly. "Edmund said they were only pretending," Peter said.

"And he's usually the more truthful one, is he?" The Professor asked. "No . . . This would be the first time," Peter said. "So, if she's not mad and she's not lying, then logically . . . We must assume she's telling the truth," The Professor said.

"You're saying we should just believe her?" Peter asked. "She's your sister, isn't she? You're a family. You might just try acting like one," The Professor said.