Adam's Blood

Early in the morning, Aslan informed me that Edmund came last night so he was going to talk with him. I walked with Oreius and had a conversation. We both saw Peter standing outside his tent. I gave him a small smile and Oreius looked up at the hill, where Aslan was talking with Edmund.

Peter followed Oreius's stare and spotted Aslan and Edmund. "I'll go talk with him," I said to Oreius. he knew I was talking about Peter and he nodded and walked off while I went over to Peter.

I followed his eyes. "He just came. Last night," I replied and put my hand on Peter's shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me. "He's a bit tired so go easy on him," I said and he nodded.

Then, I saw Susan and Lucy walking over, smiling at me and Peter before looking at where we were staring. "Edmund!" Lucy shouted.

She was about to ran to Edmund until Peter quickly stopped her. Aslan and Edmund looked at us before looking back at each other. Aslan nodded to Edmund and they both walked down the hill, toward us.

"What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past," Aslan said to us and then walked away. There was silent, no one moved. Edmund nervously met Peter's eyes but looked away, back to the ground. He glanced up at us for a moment before saying quietly, "Hello."

Lucy smiled and hugged him and he hugged her back. After Lucy, Susan hugged him and the they broke away. Edmund looked at me and I smiled softly before we hugged. We broke the hug as I asked, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm a little tired," He replied as he put his hands back in his pockets. "Get some rest," Peter said as he gestured his head in the direction of his tent. Edmund's smile disappeared and he walked past towards the tent.

I gave Peter a look. "And Edmund . . ." Peter called back. Edmund turned to face him. A smile grow across Peter's face as he said, "Try not to wander off again." Edmund gave a smirk before heading off to the tent.

...................

Edmund was awake soon and a table was set up outside in the sun for us to sit and have some food. Edmund seemed absolutely starving as he eat down slice after slice of toast, Lucy, who sat my side of me, was looking at him also in amusement.

"Narnia isn't going to run out of toast, Ed," Lucy said and Edmund smiled. "I'm sure they'll pack some up for the journey back," Peter spoke suddenly, coming over.

"Were going home?" Susan asked. "You are," Peter said and he sat down on my other side. "I promised Mum I'd keep you three safe. But that doesn't mean I can't stay and help."

"But, they need us . . . All five of us," Lucy said. "Lucy, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned, Edmund was almost killed!" Peter said. "Which is why we have to stay," Edmund spoke and we looked at him. "I've seen what the White Witch can do, and I've helped her do it. We can't leave these people behind to suffer for it."

"I suppose that's it then," Susan said and she got up. "Where are you going?" Peter asked. Susan picked up her bow and quiver, "Going to get some practice." Then she looked at me. "Can you teach me how to shoot?" She asked with a smile.

I smiled. "Sure," I replied and kissed Peter's cheek before getting up. I looked down at Lucy, who was smiling. "Coming, Lu?" I asked with a smile. She jumped to her feet and quickly grabbed her dagger and cordial before we headed off to the archery range.

When we got to the archery area, I showed Susan how to shoot. Susan loaded her bow with an arrow and tried to aim it at the center of the target. She let go and it hit the edge of the target. "Be more confident with your bow. Hold it strong but not to tight. Shoot a bit above the canter," I advised her.