The River

The next day, we continued and stopped at what looked to be a large ice covered river. "Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table, just across the frozen river," Mr. Beaver said.

We all looked at him. We need to cross it?

"River?" Peter asked. "Oh, the river's been frozen solid for a hundred years," Ms. Beaver reassured us.

We looked at the distance once again. "It's so far," I said. "It's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small?" Ms. Beaver asked. "Smaller," Susan said and we kept going.

...................

The more we all walked, the more Mr. Beaver was getting cranky. "Come on, humans, while we're still young," Mr. Beaver called as he and Ms. Beaver led.

"If he tells me to hurry up one more time, I'm going to turn him into a big fluffy hat," Peter said as he let Lucy climb on his back and we all shared a laugh.

"Hurry up!" Mr. Beaver said. "He is getting kinda bossy," Lucy said. "Cranky too," I added and we laughed again. "No! Behind you! It's her!" Mr. Beaver shouted, pointing behind us.

We turned and saw a huge storm of white snow, along with the sound of sled bells. We all started to ran, trying to get away from the sled.

"Quickly!" Mr. Beaver shouted, showing us a hole that was in the ground. We all ran inside and it was silent. We saw a shadow and Peter wrapped his arm around me, bringing me closer to him. Then we heard footsteps and then there was a few moments of silence.

"Maybe she's gone," Lucy whispered. "I suppose I'll go and have a look," Peter said, unwrapping his arms from me. Mr. Beaver stopped him. "No, you're no good to Narnia dead," He whispered.

"Well, neither are you, Beaver," Ms. Beaver said. "Thanks sweetheart," Mr. Beaver said and then he climb out to investigate.

It was silent. Ms. Beaver let out a quiet whimper and I hold her hand, comforting her. After a long pause, Mr. Beaver appeared, startling us and Lucy let out a small scream.

"Come out! I hope you've all been good, because there is someone here to see you!" Mr. Beaver said with a big smile. We all shard a frown before slowly one by one walking out of the hole.

Then I saw someone that I didn't thought I'm see again. Father Christmas. "Father!" I said with a big smile. He chuckled. "Hello, Princess," He greeted as I ran over to him and I hugged him tightly, which he returned.

"Merry Christmas, Sir!" Lucy said with a big smile as we broke the hug. "It certainly is, Lucy . . . since you all have arrived," Father Christmas said, giving me a smile which I returned.

"Look, I've put up with a lot since we got here. But this . . ." Susan started. "We thought you were the Witch," Peter admitted.

Father Christmas looked down. "Yes, sorry about that." Then he looked back at us. "But, in my defence, I have been driving one of these --" He looked back at his sleigh "-- Longer than the Witch."

"I thought there was no more Christmas in Narnia," I said. "Yes, not for a long time. But the hope you have brought, your Majesties, is finally starting to weaken the Witch's power," Father Christmas said and I smiled. "Still, I dare say you could do with these!"

He pulled a bag out of his sleigh. "Presents!" Lucy said, happily. Father Christmas and I chuckled. I went to stand beside Peter. Out of the side of the sack, Father Christmas pulled out a small glass vial in a leather strap.

He kneeled down to Lucy. "The juice of the fire flower. One drop will cure any injury. And though I hope you never have to use it . . ."

Father Christmas handed Lucy a dagger. "Thank you, sir. But I think . . . I could be brave enough," Lucy said. "I'm sure you could. But battles are ugly affairs," Father Christmas said.