Mr. and Ms. Beaver

We got to Beaver's Dam. Peter shrugged, took Lucy's hand and followed Mr. Beaver. The others follow to Beaver's dam through the cliffs. "Come on. We don't want to be caught out here after nightfall," Mr. Beaver said.

We continued traveling under a bridge and then we saw the Dam in middle of a frozen pool. Smoke rises from the chimney. "Ah, blimey! Looks like the old girl has got the kettle on. Nice cup o' Rosy Lee," Mr. Beaver said and looked at me with a smile.

I smiled. "It's lovely," I said. "Oh, it's merely a trifle, Your Majesty. Still got plenty of work to do. Ain't quite finished it yet. It'll look the business when it is done," Mr. Beaver said as we continued.

"Beaver, is that you? I've been worried sick! If I find you've been out with Badger again I --" Ms. Beaver said and looked at me and the others. "Oh, those aren't Badgers. I never thought I would live to see this day!" Ms. Beaver said and then she looked at Mr. Beaver.

"Look at my fur. You couldn't give me ten minutes warning?" Ms. Beaver asked. I chuckled. "I'd give you a week if I thought it would've helped," Mr. Beaver said and then chuckled.

"Come inside and we'll see if we can't get you some food. And some civilized company," Ms. Beaver said and Mr. Beaver chuckled.

Me, Lucy, Susan and Peter followed Ms. Beaver inside. "Now, careful. Watch your step," Mr. Beaver said. "Excuse the mess. Can't get Mr. Beaver to get out of his chair," Ms. Beaver said and Lucy and I giggled.

I slid off my cloak and then helped Lucy with hers and we all sat down on the table. "Isn't there anything we can do to help Tumnus?" I asked.

"They'll have taken him to the Witch's house. And you know what they say: there's few who go through them gates that come out again, Your Majesty," Mr. Beaver said.

Ms. Beavers dashed over and plunked a plate on the table. "Fish and chips," Mrs. Beaver said. She looked at Lucy, who looked sad. "But there is hope, dear. Lots of hope," Ms. Beaver said.

"Oh yeah, there's a right bit more than hope!" Mr. Beaver said and then he whispered. "Aslan is on the move." He looked at me with a smile and I smiled, knowing I will see my godfather again, very soon.

The others all looked serene as Edmund come over from his place on the stairs. "Who's Aslan?" Edmund asked. Mr. Beaver laughing. "Who's Aslan?" He asked and continued to laughing. "You cheeky little blighter."

"He is serious, Mr. Beaver," I said and Mr. Beaver stopped laughing and looked at the Pevensies's confused faces.

"You don't know, do you?" Mr. Beaver said. "Well, we haven't exactly been here very long," Peter said. "You didn't tell them?" Mr. Beaver asked me and I shook my head. "I could just tell it when they didn't knew that Narnia was real," I said.

Mr. Beaver slightly nodded, understanding I'm right and then turned to the others. "He's only the king the whole wood, the top geezer . . . The real king of Narnia," He said.

"He's been away for a long while," Ms. Beaver added. "But he just got back! And he's waiting for you near the Stone Table!" Mr. Beaver said. "He's waiting for us?" Lucy asked.

"You're blooming joking! They don't even know about the prophecy!" Mr. Beaver said. "Mr. Beaver, they new here. They don't know anything yet," I said, defending the others.

Mr. Beaver sighed. "Look. Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest, the secret police, it's all happening because of you!" Mr. Beaver said. "You're blaming us?" Susan asked.

"No! Not blaming. Thanking you," Ms. Beaver said. "There's a prophecy. 'When royal blood, Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done.'," Mr. Beaver said.

"You know that doesn't really rhyme," Susan said. "Yeah, I know it don't, but you're kinda missin' the point!" Mr. Beaver said. "It has long been foretold that two sons of Adam, two daughters of Eve, and the last of the royal blood, will defeat the White Witch and restore peace to Narnia," Ms. Beaver said.

"And you think we're the ones?" Peter asked. "Well you'd better be, 'cause Aslan's already fitted out your army," Mr. Beaver said. "Our army?" Lucy asked, surprised.

"Mum sent us away so we wouldn't get caught up in a war," Susan said to Peter. Peter shook his head. "I think you've made a mistake. We're not heroes," He said. "We're from Finchley," Susan said.

"Hmm?" Mr. Beaver asked. "Thank you for your hospitality. But we really have to go," Susan said as she and Peter got up. "No, you can't just leave," Mr. Beaver said. "He's right. We have to help Mr. Tumnus," Lucy said.

"It's out of our hands," Peter said to Lucy and then turned to Mr. Ms. Beaver. "I'm sorry but it's time the five of us to get home," He said. "The five of us? I'm not going," I said.

"Katharina, it's to dangerous," Peter said. "I'm not going to let that witch control Narnia any further. I'm staying and that's final," I said. "Fine! Then the four of us going home. Ed?" Peter started as he turned around but Edmund wasn't there.

"Ed? . . . I'm going to kill him," Peter said. "You may not have to," Mr. Beaver said and we turned to look at him, "Has Edmund ever been in Narnia before?" He asked. We all shared a look before rushing out.

We all ran through the snow, "Hurry!" Peter called. We reached the top of a hill and saw Edmund going through the Witch's castle gates. "Edmund!" Lucy shouted. "Shh! They'll hear ya!" Mr. Beaver said.

Peter started to ran after Edmund but Mr. Beaver and I grabbed him. "NO!" Mr. Beaver said. "Get off me!" Peter said. "No, you can't," I said. "You're playing into her hands!" Mr. Beaver said.

"We can't just let him go!" Susan said. "He's our brother!" Lucy added. "He's the bait! The Witch wants all five of ya!" Mr. Beaver said.

"Why?" Peter asked. "To stop the prophecy from coming true! To kill ya!" Mr. Beaver said. We turned to the castle and saw the doors closing. "This is all your fault!" Susan said to Peter.

"My fault?" Peter asked. "None of this would have happened if you had just listened to me in the first place!" Susan said.

"Oh, so you knew this would happen?" Peter asked. "I didn't know what would happen which is why we should've left while we still could!" Susan said.

"Stop it!" I said, coming between them. "This isn't going to help Edmund!" I snapped. "She's right. Only Aslan can help your brother now," Mr. Beaver said. "Then take us to him," Peter said, looking at Mr. Beaver. Mr. Beaver started to walk away, with me by his side while the three siblings followed.