The Fox

As we were walking, we heard a howl. We stopped at our track and Mr. Beaver and I shared a look before listening carefully. Then we heard growls. "Run!" Mr. Beaver shouted and we all ran.

We ran back to the dam. "Hurry, Mother! They're after us!" I said. "Oh, right then . . ." Ms. Beaver said and she quickly got through the cabinets.

"What is she doing?" Peter asked but Mr. Beaver just rolled his eyes at his wife. "You'll thank you me later. It's a long journey and Beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry," Ms. Beaver said. "I'm cranky now!" Mr. Beaver shouted as Susan went to help Ms. Beaver.

"Do you think we should bring jam?" Susan asked. "Only if the Witch serves toast!" Peter and I said sarcastically at the same time, not noticing Lucy was smiling and looking at both of me and Peter.

Then we heard barking and growling coming from outside. The wolves were trying to get into the Dam by tearing it apart. "What do we do?" I asked Mr. Beaver.

Mr. Beaver quickly crawl to a cabinet and opened it, revealing a secret passage way. "Quickly!" He said. We all one by one rushed in the secret passage that was led by Mr. Beaver.

"Badger and me dug this. It comes up right near his place," Mr. Beaver said. "You told me it lead to your mums!" Ms. Beaver said.

Lucy tripped and Susan and I turned back to help her up. Then we heard howls. "They're in the tunnel," Lucy whispered. "Quick! This way!" Mr. Beaver said, turning to another way and we followed.

We kept running through the tunnel but then stopped at a dead end. "You should have brought a map!" Ms. Beaver said to Mr. Beaver. "There wasn't room next to the jam!" Mr. Beaver said as he started to take apart of the wooden planks of the dead end.

Mr. Beaver made a hole and we all got out. Peter and Mr. Beaver covered the exit with a barrel. Then Lucy tripped over a statue and we all turned to her and then looked at the statues.

There were small stone animals. We looked around and saw several creatures turned into stone, they have fear expression on all of them. Mr. beaver slowly walked toward a statue of a Badger with a sad look on his face.

"I'm so sorry dear," Ms. Beaver comforted him. "He was my best mate," Mr. Beaver said sadly. "What happened here?" Peter asked.

"This is what becomes of those who cross the Witch," A Fox said, walking behind us. Mr. Beaver pulled his wife behind him as he said, "Take one more step, traitor, and I'll chew you to splinters!"

"Relax. I'm one of the good guys," The Fox said and he looked at me. "It's good to have you back, your Highness," He said as he bowed. "You look an awful lot like one of the bad ones," Mr. Beaver said.

"An unfortunate family resemblance, but we can argue breeding later. Right now we've got to move," The Fox said. "What did you have in mind?" Peter asked and the Fox smiled.

"Quickly, climb up the tree," The Fox said and we did. The wolves break out of the hole and surround the Fox. "Greetings, gents. Lost something, have we?" The Fox said.

"Don't patronize me! I know where your allegiance lies. We are looking for some humans and Princess Katharina," The wolf leader said.

"The Princess is back? In Narnia? With humans? Well, that's a valuable bit of information, don't you think?" The Fox said. Another wolf bit into the Fox's side. Lucy, Ms. Beaver and I whimpered. I hid my face in Peter's shoulder.

"Your reward is your life. It's not much . . . But still. Where are the fugitives and the Princess?" The wolf leader asked. "North . . . they all went north," The Fox lied after a pause.

"Smell them out!" The wolf leader said. The wolf that had the Fox, cast the Fox aside and the wolves ran north. We all jumped off and I quickly went to the Fox.

We made a campfire. "Are you alright?" I asked the Fox. Ms. Beaver was patching him up. "Well, I wish I could say their bark was worse than their bite, your Highness . . . ohhh!" The Fox winced in pain.

"Stop squirming! You're worse than beaver on bath day," Ms. Beaver remarked. "Worst day of the year," Mr. Beaver whispered to us and we all laughed.

"Thank you for your kindness but I'm afraid that is all the cure I have time for," The Fox said as he got up. "You're leaving?" Lucy asked.

"It has been a pleasure, my Queen, and an honor. But, time is short and Aslan himself has sent me to gather more troops," The Fox said. My eyes slightly grow wide. He saw Aslan?

"You've seen Aslan?!" Mr. Beaver asked. "What's he like?" Ms. Beaver asked. "Like everything we have ever heard," The Fox said and then looked at the siblings. "You'll be glad to have him by your side in the battle against the Witch."

"We are not planning fighting any witch . . ." Susan said. "But, surely, King Peter . . . the prophecy," The Fox said. "We can't go to war without you," Mr. Beaver said to Peter. "We just want to get our brother back," Peter said.

"I see and Princess Katharina?" The Fox asked me. "Until the end," I replied and the Fox smiled. "Just like Aslan thought," He said and I smiled.

After the Fox left, we decided to stay for the night. Everyone was asleep expect for me. I was leaning on a rock, looking up at the stars. I sighed, thinking about my family. My father, my mother, and Aslan. He's my family too.

I miss Professor Kirke and Ms. Macready. They both did raised me since I was five years old. They were my family as well.

"Can't sleep?" A voice asked and I looked to the side and saw it was Peter. "Not really," I admitted as he sat beside me, leaning on the rock as well.

He sighed sadly. "I'm sorry," He spoke after a moment. I looked at him, frowning. "About what?" I asked. "About the argument we had at the dam," He replied. "Oh," I said and looked down. "I wasn't going to let you stay in Narnia if we were leaving, you know," He said and I smiled slightly and looked up at him.

"It's fine, Peter, don't worry," I said and then I teased, "I get it, you worried about me." I could see Peter's cheeks getting slightly pink. "N-No, I was just . . ." I giggled softly. "I was joking."

Peter chuckled and we looked at each other's eyes. "Um . . ." I started as I looked away from his blue eyes. "We should . . ." I didn't know what to say. "Yeah . . . Um . . . We should go to sleep," Peter said.

"Yeah . . . Good night," I said and kissed his cheek before getting up and leaving the rock and back to the campfire.