Part 7

It was past midnight, and as I stared at the empty road before me, a sigh escaped my lips. The play wasn't much of a catastrophe; it was great actually. But the fact that Karma needs to ruin it just pisses me off. Koro-sensei should've just let him go home so that he won't bother.

I jumped off of my window and decided to take a stroll towards the convenience store. The streets were obviously pretty empty, but surely the convenience store doesn't sleep. I started thinking about what I should eat but I see a mop of familiar red hair. Maybe he wouldn't be such a bother tonight. If he does, ignoring him will do.

As a bell above me rung after I pushed the door open, I felt a pair of pale golden eyes scan me up and down. I secretly glimpsed at my clothing and noticed that I'm not wearing anything wrong.

I head over to the ice cream aisle and pull out a vanilla ice cream from the freezer. Of course I waited for my turn at the counter. "Ice cream for tonight?" Shivers went down my spine as Karma hovered his mouth over my ear.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh, just taking a little break from home." A glare was the response he received from me. Just remembering the scene from earlier made my blood boil. "Why are you glaring at me? I answered your question properly. Oh perhaps you are still fuming about earlier. Why, don't you want to kiss Maehara?"

"You imbecile!" I shouted, controlling the urge to show him my middle finger. Just as I was about to do that though, the woman from the counter called my attention and told me that it was my turn. Abashed, I hurriedly put down the plastic of ice cream in front of the lady. Karma snickered, looking to the side.

"Here's your change." I picked up the coins that was inside the plastic bag that contained the ice cream. After that, I went out of the store, not before giving him a smack on the head.

°·•~

It was just my luck that after I headed out for school the next day a certain red head popped up in front of me.

"Piss off."

"Someone's grumpy today. What if I don't? What are you gonna do, huh?"

"I'm gonna coldcock you until you do so."

"I'd like to see you try." He said and went up really close. I really am uncomfortable with people who invade my personal space. I don't like it. I controlled the urge to smack him square in the face because I didn't want Koro-sensei giving me an hour full of lecture.

"You should be grateful that I know the consequences of my actions." I thrusted his face quite roughly.

"You really are something." I heard him murmur. Since he was taller than me, he was looking down on my figure. My cheeks had a tint of pink as his eyes stayed on me for a bit too long.

"Mind quitting your staring?" I asked, my voice quavering as I avoided glancing at him. "And just skip school. Your face is nauseating."

"Oh, really?" Abruptly, his face was in front of me again. "Is this face nauseating?" I was sure I felt my face burning. He guffawed as soon as he saw my face—mouth agape, cheeks red and wide eyes. "Rephrasing: nauseatingly handsome." This arrogant, cocky bas*ard is so frustrating.

Looking away, I muttered, "Drop dead."

"Hi." No need to turn around to know who that is. I immediately recognized it as Itona-kun. I blushed as soon as I remembered the incident from yesterday. "Oh, (y/n)-san. Are you feeling better now?"

"Yeah, but the bad feeling came back because of him." I replied, trying to act more casually as I hooked my thumb towards Karma's direction.

"Karma, don't piss her off."

"Now you're siding with her." Karma shook his head and I rolled my eyes. Then I remembered that Itona-kun was present so I should be on my best behavior.

"I-Itona-kun." I stuttered. "I hope you'll forget about yesterday."

"Yeah, I know it's humiliating. Don't worry I won't tease you about it and I won't tell anyone who wasn't there about the incident."

"Thank you." I gave him a grateful smile as I slid the door of the classroom open. "Hey guys." I greeted. I sighed in relief when they greeted me back zealously.

Smiling, I headed over to my seat. Sad thing with Karma going back to school today is that I won't see the beautiful sight again.

Oh gosh, I think I've fallen for Itona-kun already.

°·•~

"So you like someone." Karma jostled my shoulder and I was thrown away by the force he put in his gesture—literally. I shot him an icy stare. I was too tired to argue with him.

"I don't. And you're not some mind reader or psychic to know how I really feel."

"Yeah, you like someone."

"If I like someone, who is it?" I questioned in a challenging way, getting all in his face.

"Well tell me who it is? I just sensed that you like someone."

"Why do you want to know? Do you have a little crush on me? Don't worry I don't like you. In fact, I hate you a lot."

"It's wrong to be curious now."

"Yeah, you're getting too nosy."

"(y/n)-san, Karma-kun, get out of the room. I'll be talking to the two of you later. You know that talking while class is ongoing is not allowed. You just violated a rule. I'm so disappointed in you."

Is he talking to me or is he talking to Karma? He should only be disappointed in me—I could accept that—but he shouldn't be disappointed in Karma. Don't get me wrong, it's not because he's got good grades and it's obviously not because I'm encouraging him to do immorality, but it's because he should get used to his frustrating behavior. Karma would definitely do what he wants and no one could stop him.

But I really hate him for making me join his immorality. I glared at him before standing up and going out the door. I felt him follow suit.