Part 9

So when I say that something—or someone—has been bugging me, it is true.

"Have you slept? Your eyebags are healthier than you." Mom inquired the moment I came down to eat breakfast.

"Sort of."

"What do you mean, sort of?"

"My child is already a grownup." Dad wiped a fake tear. I shot him an icy look and in return he just grinned at me. "That's a fact."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, right. You were implying something."

"I'm glad you noticed."

Mom's bemused face was ignored the whole time we ate breakfast silently. Dad communicated with me through his eyes. He knew me too well. No one could get past his accusing aura.

"Okay, I really need to go meet up with Kayano." I lied, swiftly standing up from my seat as soon as I finished my pancakes. "Thanks for the breakfast." Then I left the house.

Truthfully speaking, I had no idea where to go.

"It's gonna rain cats and dogs and you're here outside, strolling the streets. Color me impressed." Karma has that sly, lopsided smile on as he stood a few yards away, hands shoved in his black coat over a green tee. His red hair slightly moved because of the not so gentle breeze brought by the upcoming rain.

"Yeah, well, what do you care?"

"I don't, honestly. Wonder where you got that idea," he took a few steps closer to me. "Perhaps you couldn't get over last night." How he said it sent chills down my spine. I didn't like the huskiness in his voice. Not at all.

"Dream on." I retorted, willing to keep my composure.

He chortled at how I managed to answer like that. "See, your cheeks are burning." Man, now's not the time to blush! Why now when I don't need anyone making fun of me?

I stalked off before something stupid could come out of my mouth. Didn't want to take a risk of embarrassing myself big time.

When I reached school my classmates were huddled up. What was happening?

"Big boobs lover!" Exclaimed Terasaka-kun.

"Itona-kun!" Kataoka-san was frantically looking at something in horror.

Those were the words I heard before seeing what the commotion was all about. Itona laid on the floor, motionless. Everybody stared at him.

Including me.

Where were Bitch-sensei, Karasuma-sensei and Koro-sensei anyway? Usually they arrive earlier than we do.

“Why is he—”

“He suddenly collapsed. We don’t know what happened.” Kayano answered before I could finish the question.

I was about to reply when someone pushed me roughly. Looking up, it was Karma.

“Stand back.” He announced. “If you guys want him to wake up, stand back.”

He wasn’t some expert in nursing.

Class 3E still obliged. We all watched Karma give Itona a CPR.

Wait a minute... a CPR...!?

“Ahh!!” I yelled. Everyone was shocked as Itona coughed out water. There was nothing to be disgusted about it... okay, there is something to be disgusted about.

And how did Karma know that he drowned? He wasn’t here until now. We arrived at the same time.

“Ugh.” Itona held his head. Instinct taking over me, I ran over to him.

“Are you alright?”

He slowly looked at me and nodded. “Yeah, but my head throbs.”

“Do you even know how to swim?” Isogai asked. He wasn’t meant to sound rude and insulting but with his choice of words he didn’t look like an ikemen.

“Something pulled me by the feet under the water.”

Murmurs emerged and everyone felt scared. Now I didn’t wanna swim too.

“Okay, that pool is now rendered dangerous. Stay away from there, got it?” Kataoka made dismissing hands for us to go inside the classroom.

°·•~

We all watched Karma (who was only in his swimming shorts) dive down the pool. I got nervous. Even though I loathed him to the depths of death, I was still his classmate.

Two minutes passed, and he still hasn’t resurfaced. I don’t know if a human could breath that long. I only last for thirty seconds.

When ten minutes came, we got worried. Koro-sensei trembled beside Okuda-san. Right. He couldn’t be in water.

Nagisa furrowed his eyebrows. “I’m gonna go find him.” He got ready to wriggle out of his uniform. Kayano reddened.

“No, don’t.” I blurted out. “If you go in there you’ll be in trouble.”

“She’s right.” Maehara sighed. “Let’s call for Karasuma-sensei—”

“I’m here. I came because you guys took long.” Before we could speak he already took off his suit and slacks.

Thirty seconds then Karasuma-sensei’s head popped out. He held Karma who laid unconscious in his arms.

“I found him.” He announced, swimming over to the dock.

Everybody crowded around Karma. He looked so pale.

Is he even alive?

“I had a hard time searching for him because of the unusual blurry water.” Yeah, right. Thirty seconds was long? “He was deep under the water.”

“Is he gonna be alright?” A few queried.

“Mhm, just a little rest.” We all sighed in relief. “I’m gonna put him in a safe place. Don’t get near the water.”

Instead of having our class, we had a picnic beside the pool. I wanted to say, “Foods brought to you by Koro-sensei.” It was too fun.

The sun was about to go down when Karma woke up and walked towards us.

He looked like a sexy zombie. Sexy? Wait, erase that.

I wanted to scream at him when he bit onto my burger but decided against it. His appearance was awful.

“Are you all right now?” Kurahashi asked Karma.

“Yeah, (y/n) and I just shared saliva.”

Everyone laughed at that except for me. I frowned. “Do you wish to be in the pool again?”

“If you’ll come with me, yes.” He smiled mischievously. “Then we’ll do something under the water.”

I ignored his words and proceeded to fixing the leftover food along with everyone.

Karma and I walked home together. He was right behind me and never did any pranks so I’m good.

“Are you okay?” I couldn’t really make up a nice conversation.

“Yeah.” He paused. “Hey (y/n)-chan.”

“Hey, shut up.”

“Aw, so rude.” Karma chuckled and chucked a stone at me. I glared at him. “Hehe, I just wanna say thank you for caring.”