Part 10

I almost laughed at how ridiculous he sounded. Karma? Thanking? Me? The world must be ending. Well I hope not.

"Thank you for trying to make me smile." I said jokingly to lighten up the mood which appeared because of his sudden words.

"At least you've smiled."

What's with this guy?

"You're too weird for me to handle today. Mr. Akabane, is something the matter?"

Karma halted. I wasn't one of those typical people who would stop along someone and wait for him to say something. I moved ahead of him, light-headed.

"What do you think?" He shouted a few steps behind me. "It's up to you. There's only one reason as to why I'm like this."

I paused to think. "Hmm, perhaps you bumped your head then your heart—"

"Pounded erratically in my chest. From that point, a realisation dawned on me. It's that, my heart belonged to her." It's hard to breath because of the urge to laugh. Cheesy Karma. Now that's a nice nickname.

"Wow, didn't know you had the hopeless romantic side."

". . . And it's because of a certain girl that has the characteristics of (e/c) orbs, (h/c) hair and a gorgeous smile someone won't ever get tired of looking at. She holds the known surname (l/n)."

Goosebumps all over my skin. Shiver creeping down my spine. Heart beating almost rapidly.

Those were the feelings I should feel. Fortunately for me I still don't believe him. He can kid around, but why do his words feel so honest? Okay. If I'm asked if I had someone I fancy, the answer would be yes. Itona? Certainly. Karma? Definitely no.

Karma was one hell of a confusing guy that apparently was trying to joke. But damn it, he isn't freaking funny.

Koro-sensei approached me the next day, the uncanny, I-almost-see-everyday grin plastered on his face. "(y/n)-san."

"Yes?" I answered, the energy drained out of me completely.

Last night, I wasn't able to sleep. I tossed and turned and tossed and turned, but my eyes weren't tired of blinking and staring at the ceiling. In the end, it's another one of my sleepless nights which, by the way, contributed to the very healthy bags under my eyes. So I came to school, body feeling like hell.

Koro-sensei examined me. "(y/n)-san, have you slept?" He shook his head. "Anyway, you will be an exchange student."

I nodded slowly. "Well. . . I have no problem with that. New experience, right? It's alright if I don't return here, though I'll miss Class 3E and you, if I may add." As I babbled, someone stared at me intently. Not sure of who it was but whatever. "When?"

"Tomorrow. Today is your last day of you know, bonding with your classmates." Koro-sensei suddenly leaned in to whisper in my ear. "And confessing to Itona-kun, if I may add." I flushed a thousand shades of red.

"What a thing to say." I hissed. "Somebody must've heard that."

"Ohoho, pardon me." He snickered teasingly. I just had to roll my eyes to that. "So today will be spent for your. . ." He paused for a dramatic effect then continued with hand gestures, "Bye-bye celebration." He even brought out his hankerchief.

"No need for that. I'll be meeting my classmates someday again."

Koro-sensei smiled. "Knew you were gonna say that. Are you sure, though?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Okay." He shrugged. "Start packing up. Tomorrow, 4 AM is your flight to Malaysia."

"Woah, woah. Malaysia?"

"Yep."

So am I gonna agree or nah?

°·•~

"Give it back!" Kataoka-san screamed at Isogai-kun.

"So you're leaving." Karma mused in front of me, seeming pleased. He's not the only one feeling that way. No more bully. "Goodbye."

"Yeah, it wasn't nice meeting you." I laughed. "If something will make me remember you, that'd be bullying and, um, strawberries."

"Nice remembrance." He rolled his eyes.

I haven't bid my farewell to Itona-kun. . . but he won't care.

"Are you still thinking about that?"

I cocked an eyebrow at the bully. "Thinking about what, exactly?"

"Itona-kun." His voice and face were straight that it almost gave me goosebumps. I wasn't used to Karma being serious.

Now that you think about it, why isn't he his usual bully self today? He's not exactly the good boy type today either. He's more like the weirdo.

"Um—"

"Flight 509. Flight 509. Passengers of this flight, please proceed to your designated airplane. Flight 509."

I smiled, putting the sunglasses on. "Time to go."

"Wait." Karma gripped my shoulder. "You don't need a remembrance."

"Was that a question? Because if not, I wasn't asking for one."

Karma smiled. Like legit smiled. There's something behind that but no one knows that 'something.'

I treaded to where the airplane was, leaving him hanging on to my reply, background noise the shouts of Class 3E and Koro-sensei.

°·•~

So far, Malaysia had good people and good surroundings. The air felt fresh and the people were approachable and friendly. Not to brag but almost all of the people here in this school are already my friends. Except for the teachers.

"Okay fellas, it's time to settle down. Class is about to start." Our Physics teacher voiced out. She's a cool and favorable teacher to be honest. "We have a new student. I hope you'll warmly welcome the new student." Everyone shut up then stared at the door where someone leaned. Obviously our curiosity peeked out. It'd be lovely if the new student was a girl. "Hey sir, please come in."

"Good morning, peeps." That's when my world stopped. Overreacting wasn't my thing but overthinking is. Is fate playing with me or what? "I'm Karma Akabane. Nice to meet you." He scanned the room then his eyes finally landed on me. I didn't want to assume. However, he only knew me so where else would he look?

His lips tugged upwards. "Who says (y/n)-san is the only exchange student? No one said so. Welcome to me!"