Part 20

Friday, last day of school?

Not.

It was the second to the last day of school. On Monday, it's going to be the last day. I'm still disappointed as to why it was never moved today so that vacation will be longer.

"Okay, where are your projects?"

I wasn't that confident when it came to doing projects but I presume I did fine on our last project. Remember the Robotics project? Yeah, that's the one.

Coming to school on Monday was required because of some recognition program Koro-sensei arranged. As much as almost all of us hate it, we had to go because Class 3E has this award (which made me wonder, by the way).

Karasuma-sensei nodded his head once, signalling us to go outside the classroom for our last assassination training for this school year. We followed his lead and stopped at the large garden in front of the school. I looked around and saw Fuwa-san and Sugino-kun beside me.

"I'm afraid this is the last time we'll be meeting." Karasuma-sensei began, fiddling with his fingers unusually. "I want each one of you to give your best. You've all improved, and I must say that I am glad to see that. Now, show me what you've got. Let's start up with Ryuunosuke-kun."

We turned to glance at Ryuunosuke who replied with a smile. I really am curious as to what he looks like if he cuts off those bangs hiding his eyes.

The show-off continued for what felt like days. Class 3E took turns. It might be impossible, but maybe twenty-eight minutes just passed when Karasuma-sensei told us that we were gonna have some sort of combat. Fine by me.

"(y/n)-chan, Itona-kun." My ears perked up at the two names mentioned. "You two go first." I did my best to have a calm façade as we both went to the middle of this grassy place. When Karasuma-sensei blew his whistle, I knew it was time to settle this.

I waited for Itona-kun to make his first move, and all I did was dodge his upcoming and continuous attacks. At one point, I got hit by his roundhouse kick, but I managed. I observed his way of fighting and the patterns he showed. Our classmates kept an eye on us, and some of them were giving me sympathetic gazes. Nope, I wouldn't lose peeps.

By the time I memorized his actions, that was my cue to attack back. I smirked inwardly when he dodged the first two attacks that supposedly should've hit him in the gut. Go.

With one fast kick, he fell with a soft thud on the grass. Three seconds, and Karasuma-sensei declared that I win.

"Amazing!"

"How did you do that?!"

"She's a monster!"

My face burned at all the compliments coming from everywhere. Someone patted my head.

"You're scary for a woman."

Karma smiled down at me, and for some reason, my cheeks got redder. I mean, with the sunlight gleaming down on him and his feelings for me... who wouldn't blush?

"Y-Yeah."

"Congratulations. Nice game there." Itona-kun held out a hand, and I hesitated on touching it. Since I didn't want to turn out rude and bitter, I shook hands with him firmly. If possible, my cheeks went the reddest of my life.

Karasuma-sensei beamed at me and at the commotion that was occurring. He rarely did that so that's a confirmation that I exceeded his standards.

"Well done."

"Thanks, Sir."

There was a moment of silence after that. Karasuma-sensei then called up the next pairs who were about to have their combat, and they were Karma and Maehara-kun. My brows shoot up instinctively. The winner was obvious.

By the end of the day, Koro-sensei gave us a mini-speech saying that he saw all of us giving our best. He congratulated us for that and said that he would like to treat everyone to dinner tonight—no worries because he already told our parents about it.

"Where is he going to take us? I can't wait!" Some exclaimed excitedly. I even heard rumblings of empty stomachs, including mine.

Karma-kun suddenly appeared like a mushroom beside me, "Your notebook."

"Notebook?" I parroted, feeling like an idiot for repeating what he just mumbled out of nowhere. He handed me my English notebook before disappearing again like a bubble.

Koro-sensei guided us to a ramen fast food chain. We had the time of our lives there as we ordered unlimited ramen. We were in good timing since the ramen had its discount, too. There was this drink that didn't have so much alcohol content but can still make a person a bit slurry. I don't know what it's called, but I liked the taste that invaded my tongue: a little bit sour yet sweetness dominated. I also tasted coffee which was what I needed to relieve stress.

Eventually, I lost control over the drink and drank more than five shots.

After an hour, I was still aware of my surroundings and as to what I was doing fortunately. One thing Mom told me was that I could handle alcoholic beverages expertly.

"(y/n)-chan." Okuda-san called out, which reminded me of the news I received in Malaysia. "There's someone who wants to talk to you." She jabbed her thumb towards a door where a man stood with crossed arms while leaning on the glass door. I felt a little frightened since I wasn't in the best condition to fight. I yanked Terasaka-san's arms away from the playing cards to have him accompany me.

"What are you doing?" He asked, sounding intrigued.

"Pulling you." And we stopped in front of none other than Karma.

"Why am I here?" Terasaka-san mused loudly. "I'm leaving you two alone." He added when no one bothered answering his question and trotted away.

I stared at Karma who seemed to be thinking about a lot of things critically like he was solving some kind of Mathematical problem. He seemed anxious and alert with something for he was glancing everywhere... everywhere but me.

"So are we just gonna stand here without speaking to each other or what? Tell me the reason why I have to be here." I demanded.

It's like he just noticed me for the first time, his face becoming startled.

"You're here because I told you so." He retorted, snorting. "Just stay there while I earn something."

"Earn what? Money? Are you serious?"

"Wait until you hear."

Hear?

"(y/n)-chan?" Karma had this sharp expression that I couldn't quite decipher. I saw this once already, back in the days when we still didn't talk to each other. I didn't know if I was embarrassed after he let go of the next ten lines. "Will you do me the honor of accepting my courting?"

...

Fangirls, you can now faint. (That includes me. I've screamed after writing this chapter lol.)