Part 16

"Karma and (y/n)." Koro-sensei turned serious. "Let's start off with you, (y/n)-san. Do you like someone?"

With that question, Itona-kun's face flashed at the back of my mind. I slowly nodded.

"It's—"

"Shush." I scowled, telling him by the means of my eyes to zip it up. "Pretty obvious."

The matter concerning my liking to Itona-kun was the topic for a sufferingly long time. Koro-sensei won't stop talking. I'm now baffled as to why Karma was there with us because he wasn't in the topic here. He's been sitting and listening (?) to the relentless questions the yellow octopus threw at me.

In the end, Koro-sensei found that asking me the same thing over and over again won't do him any good. I mean, his question was repeated for a million times already: "Do you like someone?" Perhaps the only thing that he inquired differently was: "None other than him?" Of course, it felt uncomfortable since I knew that Mom was somewhere around the corners of the room, listening intently to everything. The positive thought I had in mind was that nobody mentioned my crush yet. Yet.

Karma, at one point, interrupted our teacher. "Stop. I've memorized the question because of you." He's growing tired like I am.

Still, no one could prevent him from speaking further.

For another twenty minutes, Koro-sensei felt like he echoed the question and I echoed my reply. Goodness. Sleepiness hit me this time.

"Okay." The octopus who loved big boobs stood up, sighing. "There's no end to this." Oh, you realized that just now? "Let's get to the point, then. (y/n)-san, what if someone confessed to you? What would you do?"

My brows furrowed. I had no idea with what to say. "I dunno. Depends..." For some reason, I looked around and saw the red head staring at the floor. "There are only two responses I can give. One, we should stay friends."

"Two?" Mom queried out of nowhere.

"I'll give "us" a shot. If 'ya know what I mean."

We all went quiet.

That gave me some time to ponder over what I said. No, not really. It wouldn't depend. I'd tell that person my response number one. Unless if that person is...

"What if I told you that I liked—or loved—you?"

To say I was surprised and confused at the question is an understatement. Well, one time he already told me that he liked me indirectly. I'm not really a dense girl. I just... paid no attention because I didn't care. I know it's a little harsh to hear—

U kicw tiy.

For the first time this night, my heart pounded in my chest in a weird way. Those words again. What the heck!

Glimpsing at the red head isn't really a hard thing to do. He sat by the couch, glancing at our peaceful neighborhood through the window. Naturally, it's a starry night which means watching the stars glimmer in the night with someone is recommended since it's relaxing.

Then again, Karma and I were the only ones looking at the stars. And that reminds me. I've left his question unanswered.

"I'd probably tell you to back off." I half-whispered softly, and perhaps it was heard all over the room. My voice felt like I was talking to someone in private.

"Nurufufu. Ouch."

I tried to stop myself from laughing. It was a mocking giggle, and fudgenuggets. I'm in a good mood all of a sudden.

"That ends it." Karma says, springing up from his seat. "Shall we go, sensei?"

Koro-sensei nodded firmly and burst out the doors along with Karma.

That... is odd.

°·•~

If Karma was some other person or if he's, you know, a little bit kinder, I would've given him a chance. But no, he wasn't.

And of course, with me having my eyes for Itona-kun right now, it's hard to drop an answer.

Though I presume Karma is now aware of my response.

"Lunch time." Irina-sensei sighed, waving her hands dismissively. I stayed put, glancing at the empty seat not too far from me. I didn't have the appetite to eat which is rare.

Actually, the feelings I had for Itona-kun is starting to decrease. The reason is something I have yet to figure out.

Well, maybe one of the reason is because I was starting to slowly accept the truth that he was never going to lay his eyes on me. Truth hurts, but yeah. You can now assume that he's asexual. I've been thinking about it since what, two months ago?

Second, maybe it's time for a little rest with romanticism. I had to enjoy highschool and erase the worry in me. Social life, friends... time for a little upgrade.

Those two reasons weren't really the reasons I had in mind, but they were to consider.

Going back, I remained staring into nothingness. At least I was doing something rather than just plainly sitting.

Kataoka-san suddenly popped out of nowhere beaming like a sunshine at me, and I have no idea as to why I got pissed with that. "Problem, dude?"

"Do I look like a dude to 'ya?" I snapped unintentionally.

Kataoka-san blinked twice before answering, "Chill, (y/n)-san." She said, raising up her two hands in surrender. "Why aren't you eating, anyway?"

I let out a wistful sigh then slouched on my chair. "Don't feel like it, sorry. And excuse me for reacting in an improper way."

She patted my shoulder and sat down on the empty chair in front of me. "Oh, okay, understood." She saluted, biting her lips, and her face showed me that she wasn't believing anything I was telling her. Whatever.

"By the way..." Kataoka-san trailed a moment later. "If you don't mind me asking." It looked like she was hesitating, though she still went through with the question. "The news between you and Karma—"

"Is something that we shouldn't chat about." I interrupted, going out through the window.