Part 21

Here goes my surprise chapter! ;)

He then kneeled down, and my eyes widened. What the hell was he doing in front of all these people? Okay, maybe not because we were somehow hidden, but if one of my classmates sees this...

Karma’s eyes stopped my train of thoughts. I couldn’t find it in me to speak. I wish this was just a pun, a revenge for everything that had happened.

“Please.”

Karma Akabane didn’t show puppy eyes—I mean, with that character of his he would never do something like that—but his voice told me something and it spoke a thousand words.

“If...” I choked and gulped. “If you promise to change for me.”

Karma blinked as if he had no clue with whatever it was that I was talking about.

“If you promise to change your way of living, then I might give it a shot.”

What the heck am I saying? Was I an idiot?

Karma stood up then suddenly held my hands. “Sealed deal.” I bit my lips in embarrassment and snatched my hand away from him. Oh, my goodness. I’ve secured myself in danger and mess. “Ah, by the way, why are you blushing?” He cocked his head to the side. Karma is a dense guy, after all.

I left without telling anyone since it was getting rather late. The stars shone brightly and it’s a new moon. For some reason, new moon always brought me misfortunes and my day end up stressfully. I sighed, preparing myself for everything that would happen tonight right after I get home.

Walking down the dim streets, it felt peaceful. I haven’t done this in a while. No dogs were barking around. No cars zoomed. No one strolling the other side of the street, it was just me alone. This was what I needed after being stuck in a crowded place.

I reached home and I let out a breath of relief. I turned the knob and shut my eyes tightly. Locked.

I fumbled under our one and only bush to find the spare key of our house then got it. When I unlocked the door, unusually, all the lights were turned out. Which means...

No. One. Was. Home.

Suddenly, there were some noises. I had to be alert.

But it was just Karma. He stood there, panting.

“I’ve been trying to catch up with you.” He said, hands on his knees. “You disappeared abruptly!”

“Yeah, I did.”

“Can I have a glass of water?”

I made way for him to enter and locked the door behind me. I told him to sit on the couch and behave like a good dog is as I got his water on the kitchen.

At the refrigerator was a yellow sticky note from Mom that said she was going home in three days since she's with Dad on a vacation because she needed some time alone with him and... I had to clean the whole house. And the house is a mess, by the way.

On a different note, Karma is a stubborn dog. He followed me all the way to the kitchen and waited for his drink. When I turned around to give his water, I was more than surprised to find him in a close proximity to me. Our noses touched and I had butterflies going wild in my stomach.

This was fast.

You know you’re doomed when fairytale-like scenes start popping up in your head in these kinds of situation and with that, you just go along with whatever happens.

Unfortunately, that’s exactly what I was doing right now. No clue if regret would take over after this.

Karma moved a millimeter closer... or I don’t know, maybe it’s indeliberate. His eyes pierced through me in a way that could make anyone freeze in their spots. I noticed this just now: his hands were already wrapped around my waist... I looked like his girlfriend. The mere thought of Karma having someone to cuddle with him was disgusted, but if it’s me then that’s a whole lot different story.

In the neighborhood, nothing was heard. My heartbeat was the only thing I could hear clearly, and everything else was perfect. Perfect for something like a kissing scene.

But it’s (y/n) we’re talking about. My whole damn being.

“(y/n)-chan.” Karma whispered, the slightly lit kitchen blurring my vision. “This man standing in front of you may not be the best prince charming in this world and he has his flaws. He’s not the good guy you met and talked to the very first time you stepped in this school but sadly,” he paused to guffaw. “... he fell for you.”

“And what am I gonna do about it?” I asked, brow raised.

“Be responsible for it.”

I shot him daggers, one that meant he should be serious.

“I’m kidding, okay? Don’t take anything seriously.”

“Okay, even your confession is a joke.” I exhaled, heartbeat steadying. “Thank goodness.” I held his hand so he would loosen his grip on me but to my surprise, he only tightened it.

His voice deepened. “That’s the one thing that you should take seriously. Because confessing is not something I play around with.” And my wild heart goes back, this time even worse. “So I’ll ask you to take my hand. (y/n)-chan, would you allow me to court you? I promise to do my best and give you my all, just please take this.” He loosened his other hand on my waist and the other one just tightened its grip around me. I felt something hard.

Oh, my goodness. He couldn’t be...

“D-Do you have a...?” I stammered, unable to voice out the word.

“A what?”

“A b?”

“B?”

Goddammit. “A boner!”

Silence filled the air. He stared at me, and I really didn’t know if he was blushing but he looked away. Confirmed. “Damn. Why do you even have to look so sexy?”

What the hell?!

“Are you gonna take this hand or what?” Changing the topic, huh. I wasn’t even recovered from what I have discovered.

No.” I said with finality.

“Why?”

“Are you really serious? No pun intended? I really don’t know if I would even like you a little.”

“See for yourself? Please?” He held my hand tightly.

“O-Okay...” I’m not that harsh to not give him a chance. He really might change, and if that happens, then I might fall for him as well. We’ll never know. For now, it’s worth a shot.

Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around my body. He slowly leaned in.

I guess kissing wasn’t something forbidden.

I waited for his lips to land on mine. When it did, he slowly moved. I really didn’t know how to kiss properly. I just went along with him.

Minutes passed, and the kiss started heating up. A moment later, we were already on my bed, making out.

It’s not a no already. Not a yes either, but an okay! Haha!

P.S. I hope I made up with all the late updates with this chapter!