A New Friend

Neymar swallows thickly before extending his hand to shake Lionel's. He smiles warmly as they shake hands and soon invites the man inside.

"Leo!" Jen says happily

Thiago immediately runs into his father's arms. Neymar is still entranced by the man standing a few feet away from him. He shakes himself out of the thoughts of the other man and simply watches them. A slight feeling of pain and melancholy washes over him, weighing him down. He misses his son.

"You're late, mister."

"I'm sorry. I had some stuff to do but I made it didn't I?" Lionel says putting his son down

"I guess you're right," Jen says

The night continues with laughter from everyone. Neymar manages to forget his issues for a few hours and everything seems to be fine.

"Well, Thiago seems to have crashed," Lionel smiles looking down at his son who has fallen asleep in his arms

"Awe, he's really cute."

Lionel smiles and nods. Neymar can't help but to smile as well.

"I should go. He's really tired," Lionel says

Everyone nods quietly and say their goodbyes. Neymar takes Lionel out, wanting to be with the man for a bit longer.

"See you soon?"

Neymar sounds like a desperate guy who just had the best first date ever. Lionel looks down at him with chocolate brown eyes filled with a glint of something Neymar can't put his finger on.

"Yeah, definitely," Lionel winks at him

Lionel did it as a playful gesture. But that small gesture sent Neymar into overdrive.

///

"I just want to see him," Neymar groans

"Caroline doesn't.. I'm sorry but she doesn't want you near the baby," the lady says

Neymar screams in annoyance.

"It's my fucking kid too! She can't do this. I.. I need to see him.. Please.."

"Ney.. I'm so-"

"Don't call me ney."

Neymar's green orbs turn stone cold. He's frustrated and nothing helps.

He finds himself in front of Lionel's door for some strange reason. He knows that Thiago is with his sister at the moment so Lionel is alone.

"Hm.. Neymar?"

Neymar breaks down. He doesn't even acknowledge the fact that Lionel is half naked. Lionel brings him in and holds him. They don't even know each other but neither of the can deny the fact that there's something pulling them together.

"Hey.. What's wrong.. "

"I.. "

He doesn't say anything. It's as if he's completely shut down. He simply stares ahead of him, not seeing anything. His vision is blurry and he rubs his eyes to get rid of the tears that slip from his eyes, making him feel even weaker than he did a few minutes ago.

"It's okay. You don't have to say anything. I'm right here."

And that's honestly all he needed at that moment. He didn't need anyone to give him advice or to tell him that things would be okay. He just needed someone to hold him. He needed someone to make sure he wasn't going to fall apart. And if he did, that it was okay. It was okay because he was human and he was in pain and at least he was feeling something. At least he knew that he was alive.

"Let's be friends."

Those are the words that leave Neymar's lips after a few hours of crying and biting on Lionel's blankets and pillows. Lionel chuckles, ruffling the younger's hair. It makes Neymar feel like a little kid but he doesn't mind it.

"We already are."

Neymar looks up at him and regrets it.