Stop Me From Falling In Love

Lionel smiles down at him with a gentle smile and a soft stare. It makes Neymar's heart melt.

"I'm sorry for burdening you today."

"Your feelings are not a burden, Neymar."

"I hate getting emotional. Especially over things I clearly have no control of."

"It's fine.. You're human.. There's just so much someone can take before they break."

Lionel said many things to Neymar. It made Neymar feel better about his life and all the decisions he's made. Lionel made him feel like it was okay to mess up at times.

//

"My brother is going through a lot right now, Leo. And I'm sure that there are many things that he is feeling that he probably doesn't understand."

"You really care about him don't you?"

Jen smiles looking down.

"Neymar has always been there for me. Ever since I was a little girl, he's never left my side. I don't know what I would do without him."'

"He's lucky to have such a wonderful, caring sister like you."

She looks up at him and smiles even more than before. Her heart melts with his friends and she knows she shouldn't feel like this at all. Even though Lionel is only a few years older than her, he's her teacher and that's disturbing.

"Thanks, Leo. I'm honestly so frustrated though. I don't know how to help him."

"Don't worry about him so much. He's a big boy. "

Lionel pulls her into a tight hug. She breathes in deeply, letting his manly scent fill his senses.

"Thank you for always be there, Leo. I don't know what I would do without you. "

"You'd probably be very bored," he chuckles

"Hey, where's Thiago?"

"Sleeping. He sleeps so much on Fridays."

They both chuckle. She has grown so fond of Lionel's son. He's thankful for that because Thiago seems to really like her.

||

"D-dad!" Thiago whines

"Thiago," Lionel warns. " you have to go to school baby."

"B-but daddy!"

"No buts mister."

Thiago continues to pout throughout the ride to school. It doesn't really bother Lionel. Why does his son hate school so much anyway?

"Oh! Davi!"

Lionel is a little shocked to see his son's eyes light up so quickly.

"Who?"

"Da- BYE DAD!"

Thiago gets out the car as soon as a blonde hair child pops up. Lionel watches his son run up to the kid and grab his hand happily. There's a girl with the young kid. She looks a lot like him but awfully young as well. But then again, Lionel shouldn't say anything because he's also way too young to be having a kid of Thiago's age.

He's happy that his son has a good friend anyway. He's too deep in thought to realize that the young woman and the two boys are walking his way.

"Hi!"

Her voice startles him. He looks up and smiles, waving a little.

"I'm Carolina.. Our sons seem to really get along," she says smiling

"Yeah. I'm glad. Thiago hates coming to school," he chuckles

"Well I'm glad he still does because Davi would be really lonely without him," she says looking down at the two who are busy playing with each other

"Oh.. I forgot to introduce  myself.. Hi.. I'm Lionel Messi.. I'm an English teacher at a Berkeley."

"That's awfully fancy," she chuckles. " I am a second grade teacher, not far from here."

"You're probably drained after school.. Little kids are tough."

"Definitely," she sighs

"I only have to teach 2 classes today.. I can pick up Davi for you.. He can come over to play with Thiago for a bit. I'll have him home before it gets too dark."

"Really? That'd be great," she says relieved

"You need to rest," he says

"Single parents never rest."

"You're right about that."

//

"Okay.. Don't  forget to read your books! I want the reports tomorrow. Don't forget, minimum 7 pages. I want vocabulary.. Important quotes.. Everything.. "

Lionel is more than happy to be done with his classes for the day. Everyday is different for him and some are better than others. Today is one of those better days.

"Hey, Leo!"

He turns around to see Neymar running towards him. He smiles when he sees the younger man's eyes light up. He's never seen anyone as handsome as Neymar.

"Ney.. What're you doing here?"

Neymar's heart stops for a second. Lionel called him Ney. He must be dreaming.

"Jen forgot a few of her books home so
I brought them for her. She really needs to start living in her dorm. " he groans

"You'd miss her too much."

"Rafaella is already too much for me to handle.. Having the two of them home is torture."'

"Doesn't Rafaella go to school?"

"She models."

"I can see that," Lionel says

"She sure is pretty isn't she?"

"Very pretty. Both of them actually. You guys have great genes."

"Jen and Rafa look very similar don't they?"
Neymar chuckles

"Well siblings do tend to look similar."

Neymar nods, he looks gone. Lionel takes that time to stare at him and study his features. He's handsome. Extremely handsome.

"Shit, I have to go pick up Thiago," he groans

"I need to find this girl."

"I'll see you soon?" Lionel asks, almost too needy

"Yeah," Neymar says smiling a little

"Okay.. Good."