Halloween

James, Lily and Harry Potter had been in hiding for a little over one week. Originally, Sirius Black, probably James and Lily's best friend and Harry's godfather, was suppose to be their Secret-Keeper.

However, they had switched to Peter Pettigrew, another of their friends, at the last minute.

Over a week ago, they had told their closest friends, Remus Lupin and Peter, that they were going into hiding with the aide of the Fidelius Charm and that Sirius would be their Secret-Keeper. But later that evening, Peter had gone to Sirius's place with his brilliant plan: what if Peter was the Secret-Keeper?

They would tell no one - not even Remus or Dumbledore - about the switch. Peter was convinced that Remus was a spy for Voldemort, and Sirius was leaning in that direction as well. Lily and James, on the other hand, both refused to believe that it was Remus - but they couldn't take any chances when it came to Harry. He was why they had gone into hiding in the first place.

Over a year ago, when Harry was merely month and a half old, Dumbledore had told Lily and James about a prophecy that was made shortly before Harry was born, that said that Harry was one of two boys that would eventually destroy Voldemort for good. The other boy was Neville Longbottom whose parents, Frank and Alice, were members of the Order of the Phoenix, just as James and Lily were. But for some reason, Voldemort - who had only heard a portion of the prophecy - had decided Harry was a greater threat and was now out to kill the fifteen month old.

Dumbledore had some spy who was a Death Eater that had told him Voldemort was after Harry. The very night his spy had told him, Dumbledore suggested that the Potters should go into hiding. James was lounging on the couch, reading The Daily Prophet. Ever since they had gone into hiding, Sirius had made it a habit of sending James copies of the wizarding newspaper. And even though the paper was filled with more news of death and destruction, it felt good to still have some knowledge of the outside world.

And as hard as it was for him to sit still for too long, being in hiding was not all that bad. He got to spend a lot more time with his wife and son, which he valued beyond everything. During the past six months or so, it felt like he hardly left the Auror Department at the Ministry. But now he could spend all day with his family - even if they were in hiding. He tossed the paper on the floor, pushed his round glasses onto his forehead and rubbed his eyes. Then he heard Lily coming down the stairs.

Even though she hadn't said anything yet, James could tell she was flustered.

"He just does not want to go to sleep at all," Lily said as she finished descending the stairs.

James turned to face her and noticed that Harry was in her arms - very much awake. He looked so much like his father in was almost scary. Harry had a small tuft of jet black hair, though it was not quite as unruly as James's was yet. The only physical trait Harry hadn't inherited from his father was his brilliant green eyes - they were the same color and shape as Lily's.

"Well it's still early," he said has he held out his arms.

Harry smiled and said, "Prongsie!" as Lily passed him to James.

"But it's nearly ten o'clock. He should have been asleep hours ago," Lily tried to be serious, but couldn't help but smile as she watched James tickle Harry as he laughed.

James walked over to where a few of Harry's toys were laying around the room and put him down. He came back to Lily and smiled.

But the moment was short lived."Mama!" they heard Harry cry from somewhere at their knees.

"What is it, Harry?" Lily asked her son as she crouched down.

He was dragging a stuffed stag by its antlers. Sirius had said he couldn't pass up the chance to by it.