Not Forgetten

July 31, 1991

"Happy Birthday, Harry!" James and Lily said as their eleven year old son entered the kitchen.

"Thanks," he smiled as he sat down at the table for breakfast.

Lily loaded all of their plates with eggs, bacon, and toast as Harry looked hopefully at his parents.Lily immediately understood.

"So, do you want to go to Diagon Alley to get your things for Hogwarts?"

"Yeah! I'll go and get ready!" he grabbed a piece of toast before he ran upstairs.

"You think he's a little excited?" James asked sarcastically.

"Only just a little," Lily grinned.In a few minutes, James, Lily, and Harry were all in their red convertible, driving to London. Lily was driving because, while James knew how to drive, Lily knew that James would get impatient and want to charm the car to fly or something ridiculous like that - just like he was the one to charm Sirius's motorcycle to fly.

And even though Sirius had had that motorcycle since before Harry was born, Lily still refused to get on it.As they had never moved from James's parents house, it took just over an hour to get to London.

And just as Lily had expected, as soon as they had entered the Leaky Cauldron, every head turned to stare at Harry. Many of the wizards and witches in the pub came forward to shake Harry's hand.

"Doris Crockford, Mr. Potter, I can't believe I'm meeting you at last."

"So, proud, Mr. Potter, I'm just so proud."

"Always wanted shake you hand - I'm all of a flutter."Somehow, they managed to push there way through the crowd of admirers. But when they were nearly to the back of the pub, they hear someone calling them.

"Hey! Lily! James!"They immediately turned around to see an extremely large man with a long, shaggy mane of hair and a wild, tangled beard and glinting black eyes.

"Hagrid! It's great to see you again!" said James as he shook hand with his old friend.

"Yeh too," Hagrid replied as he shook Lily's hand as well.

"Harry, this a friend of ours - Rubeus Hagrid," introduced James.

"He works as Hogwarts,""Oh, its nice to meet you, Mr. Hagrid,"

Harry replied as he too shook Hagrid's hand."Call me Hagrid, everyone does. So, yeh here to get yeh things fer Hogwarts, eh, Harry?"

"Yeah,""So what brings you here, Hagrid?" Lily asked.

"Oh, Dumbledore sent me here himself. Hogwarts business, yeh know." Harry looked from Hagrid to his parents confused, but he could have sworn he saw a flicker of understanding pass between the three adults.

Hagrid smiled as he looked around the pub. "Oh, Professor Quirrell, didn't see you come in,"A pale young man made his way forward, very nervously. One of his eyes was twitching.

"H-H-Harry P-Potter," he stammered as he took Harry's hand into his own, shaking one, "c-can't t-tell you how p-pleased I am to meet you. And y-you must b-be L-Lily and J-James,"

"And what subject do you teach, Professor?" Lily asked, even though she already had a good idea.

"D-Defense Against the D-D-Dark Arts," muttered Professor Quirrell, sounding slightly afraid.

"N-not that you n-need it, eh, P-P-Potter?" He laughed nervously.

"You'll be g-getting all your equipment, I suppose? I've g-got to p-pick up a new b-book on vampires, m-myself." He looked terrified at the very thought.