The Reunion

A/N:So, here it is...the final chapter. Thank you to everyone who has read this!

The Reunion

"Do you really think you're going to get through to her?" James asked.

"Honestly?" Lily replied. "I don't know. But I have to try." She ran her hands over her black blouse, trying to straighten out the creases.

"Well good luck. Are you sure you don't want me to come?"

"I'm sure. She'd still recognize you, and I don't want to frighten her anymore than she's already going to be."

"Hey Mum!" they heard Harry call from the living room.

"Tonks is here!"

"Okay!"

She and James went downstairs to meet Tonks.

"Wotcher," Tonks she greeted them.

"Are you ready, Lils?"

"Yeah," She bid James and Harry goodbye and she and Tonks left.

Just as they reached the point of Apparition, Lily turned to Tonks and said,

"Tonks, I love the pink hair, but you might want something that's a bit more inconspicuous."

"Oh right. I meant to change it before I came over," she said. Tonks screwed her eyes up in concentration for a moment before her short pink hair turned long and deep brown.

"Great." Lily responded before they Disapparated.

XXXX

When Lily and Tonks arrived at the funeral home in Surrey, they stood in the line of mourners to pay there last respects to Arabella Figg.

While everyone else in attendance probably thought Mrs. Figg had been a kind, but slightly eccentric older woman with dozens of cats that had died of a heart attack in her sleep, Lily and Tonks knew otherwise. Arabella, a member of the Order of the Phoenix, had been killed in the dead of night by Death Eaters. Luckily, the Ministry had arrived before her numerous noisy Muggle neighbors had begun to swarm.

But the fact that Arabella was an Order member was not the only reason Lily had come.As Lily and Tonks went to sit down, Lily saw her - someone she had not seen in nearly twenty years....her sister.

Yes, Lily was sure that Petunia would come....Petunia had never been one to pass up the opportunity to show everyone how much of a good neighbor she was, and today was no exception.

With bitter satisfaction, Lily realized just how little had changed in almost twenty years. Behind Petunia was a very fat man with a thick mustache and a fat boy around Harry's age with blonde hair.

Nearly laughing, Lily realized that those two men had to be her brother-in-law Vernon and her nephew, Dudley. This was the first time she had actually seen her nephew. Sure, Lily had seen pictures of Dudley the infant when her mother was still alive, but this was the first time she had been in the same room with him.

Lily looked back at her sister and their eyes met for a moment before Petunia turned away. Even though it had only been for a moment, she somehow knew that her sister had recognized her. She and Tonks prepared to leave after the eulogy was given, along with the rest of the gathered crowd.

"Good luck, Lily." Tonks said as she hugged her.

"Thanks. I'm going to need it. Are you and Remus still coming over tonight?"

"Of course. I'm not one to pass up a meal that I don't have to cook."Lily smiled before she fell silent.

"How's Harry?" Tonks asked quietly.