The Order (Part one)

It had been twenty-one years since Sirius Black had set foot in Number Twelve Grimmauld Place. At the ripe old age of sixteen, he had run away from his Dark Arts obsessed pure-blood family to his best friend's house. And now, those twenty-one years later, along with his 4 best friends James Potter and Remus Lupin, he was back. Sorry, did I just say 4? Well I meant 3, one was traitor....... On with the story......

And why would he be back at the house that he hates so much? Because he had to. This was the only place that the Order of the Phoenix could reconvene in secret. Well he could atleast contribute that much.

This house had more protective spells on it than any other member could think of - short of the Hogwarts castle itself.

As the three men entered the nearly abandoned building, they noticed something moving on the staircase. On instinct, James, Sirius, and Remus all pulled out their wands and pointed them at a very old, wrinkled house-elf that was completely naked except for a filthy tea cosy rag that he whore as a pillow cover.  Sirius stared at the elf in disbelief.

"Kreacher?" Kreacher blinked at Sirius.

"Master left years ago, Kreacher wonders why he's back."

Remus raised his eyebrows at James, who shrugged.

"I'm claiming my house," glared Sirius.

"Why don't you go upstairs and...clean something." Kreacher stared at Sirius, looking as though he wanted nothing more than to tell Sirius to leave, but he grudgingly said,

"Yes, Master," and began up the stairs, mumbling under his breath.

"Good to see not much had changed." Sirius said bitterly as they began to explore the House of Black. But before the could make it too far, Sirius collided with an umbrella stand that looked as though it had been made from a severed troll's leg.

He managed to keep his balance, but the umbrella stand fell down with a resounding crash. Before could even utter a swear word, a pair of long, moth eaten curtains just down the hall were thrown open to reveal a life-sized portrait of a screaming old woman.

She was drooling, her eyes were rolling, and her screaming seemed to wake other portraits, who also began to scream. The old woman's eyes fell on Sirius, who glared back.

"Yoooou!" she screamed, "Blood traitor, abomination, shame of my flesh!" Then she noticed James and Remus behind him. "More blood traitors! Filth! Scum! Half-breed! Begone from this place! How dare you befoul the house of my fathers!"

"What, Mum, not happy to see me?" Sirius said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

With an amazing effort, the three of them managed to force the curtains closed as Mrs. Black's screaming stopped, along with the other portraits. Panting slightly, Sirius motioned for them to go downstairs. Once there, they found a kitchen that was covered in cobwebs.

After a few cleaning charms, it looked almost liveable. James and Remus dusted off the table while Sirius had momentarily disappeared. When he returned, from the pantry, he brought back a bottle of what James was sure was some kind of firewisky .

James and Remus gave him questioning looks, to which he replied,

"Considering that Hell has frozen over - as proven by the fact that I'm in this house again - I suggest a drink is in order." Sirius conjured three glasses and poured the drinks.

They sat in thoughtful silence for a few moments before Remus turned to James.

"How's Harry doing with everything?"James let out a sigh and shook his head slightly.