Talking......

It had been just over a week after Mad Eye had died, and the world already seemed a bit less bright.

Throughout the day, Lily would catch herself thinking about him at very random moments - and burst into tears shortly after.

Not that she did this around James or Harry. The grief they felt was beginning to take its toll on all of them. James was becoming something of a recluse, hardly speaking to anyone, including Lily. She noticed that no one in her family was eating anymore.And Harry...Not only was Harry coping with the death of his teacher, but her was also coping with the crushing weight of the prophecy.

Lily remembered when she and James had first been told about the prophecy, she nearly had a nervous breakdown.

Shortly after Harry came home for the summer holiday, she and James had spoken to him about the prophecy. They told him that he was not alone, and that they would stand by him every step of the way. This seemed to comfort him, though they knew he was still have a hard time with it.

James and Lily had decided to give him time, knowing Harry would come to them if the needed anything. They had also told him to confide in Ron and Hermione, though Lily had the feeling that he would have done that anyway.

James and Lily were sitting in the kitchen talking about Harry when James began to stare out of the window.

"What's wrong?" Lily asked.

"You know how you said that you wanted to strangle Fudge?"

Slightly confused, she replied, "Yeah."

"Well here's your chance," he said, pointing out of the window.Lily turned to see Fudge, nervously twirling his ridiculous green bowler hat, striding up their drive.

"He's got some nerve." she said angrily just before the doorbell rang.

"Well go on, answer that door. It will be the highlight of my day if you strangle the idiot."Lily smile before she left the kitchen, with James not far behind her.

By the time she reached the kitchen, her pretty features were arranged into an angry expression.

She opened the door and said, "What do you want?"

Fudge gaped nervously at her furious expression for a moment before he managed to say, "Ah, Lily, s-so nice to see you. I-I was thinking, considering that the wizarding world is at war, we should let by gones be -"

"You can't be serious." Lily interrupted.

"Well, I -""And here I was thing that you were coming to apologize for dragging my family's name through the dirt for the past year."

"Yes, about that - I want to try and make it up to you. I was hoping to speak with James -"

"Wait here." Lily said, gesturing for James to join her.

"What?" James asked quite rudely.

"Ah, James, I'd like to offer you your job back."

James and Lily exchanged almost amused looks before he replied, "You know what? That sounds great, but I've got real work to do," before he slammed the door in his face. Lily looked at James in awe.

"I'm so proud of you," she whispered. Barely able to speak

"What, did you think I'd go back to work for them after what they did?" James asked as a smile flitted across his face.

"You know, I think that's the first time I've seen you smile since - well - "He bent his head and kissed her.

"I'm sorry that I've been out of it since Moody died, but he was practically my brother, and Moody, so tough, so high-"