More Awkward Conversations

Two days later

Ciel

"Sebastian can't you just tell them!" I beg more than complain.

"No Ciel we have to do this together." Sebastian laces his fingers with mine. I sigh and lean up against his arm.

"This is going to be so awkward." I mumble.

"Really? How so?" Sebastian raises an eyebrow causing me to sigh again.

"Well I don't know Sebastian! How exactly am I supposed to explain this! He was slaving for me one day and I decided I love him! Oh yeah and he's a demon but don't get scared he's still the same he's always been!" Sebastian frowns at me slightly.

"What if I do the talking. Then will you come?" Sebastian asks.

"I guess so yea." I can't help but feel bad when I see the sadness behind Sebastian's red eyes. It wasn't my intention to hurt his feelings.

With one more sigh I let Sebastian lead me into the kitchen where everyone is waiting. My heart starts to race as I see their already judgemental eyes. Sebastian give my hand a comforting squeeze before releasing it.

"Obviously we have some explaining to do." Sebastian says and everyone nods.

"Well you see we didn't exactly plan any of this it just sort of happened one afternoon.....It k-" Mey-Rin's gasp cuts Sebastian off.

"That night you made me escort Ciel to dinner! I could tell something had happened. Was this what happened?" The four Servants exchange glances before focusing back on Sebastian and I.

"Well it was part of what happened that night yes. But there's something else we need to tell you...." I can tell by Sebastian's tone he's nervous.

"You're getting engaged!" Finny blurts and I feel myself blush heavily.

"No! Finnian we are not getting engaged. That's not at all what Sebastian wants you all to know!" I accidentally attempt to yell, it probably came out as a frantic squeak.

"What I wanted to tell you was that I-I'm umm a..." Sebastian looks over at me for held. I gently rub circles on his hand as I begin to talk.

"Sebastian wants you to know that he.....He's a demon." Everyone looks kind of confused and a little frightened.

"What the hell type of drug did you give him!" Bard shouts causing me to jump a bit.

"Bard wha-" Sebastian is quickly cut off.

"First you ruin this family business and now you've got him thinking you're a demon! Our master wouldn't fall for something like that unless it was due to drugs!" My heart begins to ache. They think it's all Sebastian's fault.

"Bard do you really think I'd stoop as low as to...."

Sebastian's voice trails off as I stare at the ground. How can I prove none of this is Sebastian's fault and that he really is a demon. Come on Ciel think!

My hand travels up to my eyepatch. I can hear everyone still bickering in the background.

"You don't care about him h-"

"Stop it!" I shout without looking up. At some point Sebastian has jerked his hand out of mine. As tears come to my eyes I attempt to speak again.

"Just stop." I look up to find Bard looking beyond horrified.

I close my eyes once before untying my eyepatch and letting it fall into my hand.

"Ciel wait what are-" Sebastian stops when my eyes open.

"Sebastian take your glove off." I order without looking away from Bard.

"Par-"

"Your glove!" I shout starting to get panicked by everyone staring at my eye. Sebastian does as I ordered and takes his glove off. We all just sit in an awkward silence. Everyone's waiting for me to talk.

I can feel Sebastian gaze on me......I know what I have to say. One of the first times he explained in depth what the contract was he said something to me. Ever since that day I mumbled it to myself before I went to bed.

"The contract is a scar that the demon leaves so that he does not lose the person he is contracted with, no matter where, the contract has great authoritative power." Panic kicks in as everyone stares at me in horror. I have to remember! I can't forget! I won't forget!

"Yet on the other hand...." Breathe Ciel. Think, you know this.

"He would never be able to escape from the demon." I feel myself begin to tremble slightly.

"I made a contract with Sebastian to avenge my parent's deaths. He's the reason I'm alive today! So don't you ever blame anything that has happened on him!" I pause again to take a deep breath.

"If you don't want to believe us then so be it. But I know at least one of you believes what I'm saying. I just want you to know that there's nothing for you to be afraid of. We're still the same people we've always been..." I look over at Sebastian and lace our fingers together again.

"Sebastian's still the same person he's always been." I whisper without taking my eyes off my demon. On his hand I start to trace the words on his hand with my finger.....

Sebastian

I......C-A-N-T B-R-E-A-T-H-E Ciel signs on my hand. We started doing this when he was younger. It started one time when I was carrying him home after a particularly scary kidnapping. We were both pretty shaken up by it and no matter how hard I tried to hide it Ciel noticed.

He had signed asking me if I was okay on the back on my neck. I replied that I would be on his back. Ever since then it's been our way of silently communicating with each other.

"You three get back to work." I order quietly before gently leading Ciel back up into what is slowly becoming our room.

Once the door is shut Ciel allows himself to collapse into my arms. Carefully I move us onto the bed, where I let Ciel gently rest on top of me.

"You remembered what I said to you." I whisper. "About the contract. That was years ago!"

"I whispered it to myself almost every night. If I didn't whisper it I was thinking it. I'm not sure why I just felt it important to remember." Ciel says back.

"Everything's going to be okay you know." I say before kissing his head gently.

There's a long pause before Ciel finally replies with,

"Yea I think so...."