We're Going to be Parents!

Ciel

I lay in bed next to Elizabeth. My eyes go from her lidded eyes down to her stomach. She's starting to show.

My Philip is in there. I feel myself start to smile as I let my hand make its way to Lizzy's stomach.

My heart starts to race when I feel a kick.

"Mmmm Ciel?" Lizzy asks before turning to face me.

"It's me." I whisper. "You're alright."

Lizzy nods then snuggles into my chest. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

I know it horrified her when she saw me slip the gun under my pillow today. I'm not the best shot but if someone comes after me I could inflict a good enough wound to grab Elizabeth and run. Sebastian never questioned about the gun. He did say on numerous occasions that it's pointless because he wouldn't let anyone hurt me, but I couldn't bring myself to get rid of the habit.

"Ciel, I never wanted to hurt you." Lizzy says quietly. I hold her a little bit tighter.

"I know Elizabeth, and it's okay. I'm okay." I comfort.

"I'm so excited." She whispers. "I'm always dreamed of our first child, and what it would be like to be parents." Lizzy giggles.

"I'm excited too." I find myself smiling again. "I can't wait to show off Philip to Seb-" I take a deep breath. "I can't wait to show him off to everyone."

"I'm going back to sleep now." Lizzy whispers.

"Goodnight Elizabeth." I place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight Ciel." She tries to snuggle closer to me, but her stomach reaches me before she can.

We both burst into a fit of giggles. Even though we're adults we'll always be children at heart.

"Your parent would be so proud." Is the last thing Lizzy says before falling asleep.

Next Day

Sebastian

I put Ciel on speaker for all the Servants to hear.

"Hey Master!" Finny squeals.

"Hello Finnian." Ciel says calmly. Something's different about his tone.

"How are things?" I ask quietly.

"Oh Sebastian things are excellent! Everyone has been so great to Lizzy and I. And she's simply ecstatic about Philip." Ciel is......happy?

I notice Bard glaring at me due to my frown.

"Sounds really nice sir." He says while still glaring at me.

"Well I have to go, you all be safe!" Before anyone can say anything else Ciel hangs up.

"He sounded so happy!" Finny blurts.

"That's what children do to people Finny." Bard says gently.

"No Bard, it's what love does to a person yes it is." Mey-Rin says with a blush.

"Ciel doesn't love Elizabeth!" I snap angrily.

"You're the only one stopping him from it! He's stopped drinking your tea and look at how happy he sounds!" Bard shouts.

"I DIDN'T DRUG CIEL!"

"SURE YOU DIDN'T DEMON BOY!"

"STOP IT!" Finny shouting causes both Bard and I to look over at him. "Master wouldn't like it." He says gently.

"Is didn't drug the man-"

"Boy."

"Man I love! And that's final."

Ciel

Lizzy and I walk around hand in hand. Both of us are grinning like crazy. We're walking to get our first ultrasound.

"I can't wait to see him." Lizzy beams.

"I can't either." I say and give her hand a gentle squeeze.

I can't believe we're going to be parents! I'll have my own little person to watch grow up and learn!

This is actually happening! Is this hat happiness feels like?

I look over at Lizzy who is still smiling proudly. The answer is suddenly obvious.

Yes, this is what happiness feels like.