4 ) popsugar

Marvel's Newest Gal, Poppy Fitzgerald, Gives PopSugar the inside scoop on Co-Star Chris Evans!
by Heather Roche February 28, 2014

What better way to bring in the New Year than to let you in on the brewing friendship between the adorable Poppy Fitzgerald (@poppyfitz) and her Marvel co-stars?!

We sat down and spoke with Poppy recently about what it was like to join in on the action of a Marvel movie. Not only did she give PopSugar EXCLUSIVE info about her cast-mates, she also goes into details of how she met Joss Whedon, director of Avengers: Age of Ultron. See our interview with Poppy below:

What was it like joining a cast that had already filmed together in the past? Did you feel welcome or out of place?

I definitely felt welcome! Yeah, it was stressful to join a team of amazing actors and actresses who had all worked together before while filming other Marvel movies, but I have had a great first few weeks of filming. Besides, I had already met Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner before! They're the best!

Speaking of Chris Evans, is it true that you auditioned for his movie 'Before We Go' but didn't get the role? Did that upset you or just motivate you to work harder?

Yes, it's true. I auditioned for the role back in 2013, and I made it back to final casting and met Chris. He was very positive with his feedback, but the casting directors felt as if I looked 'too young' to play the female lead. I wouldn't say I was upset. . .disappointed, maybe. But after auditioning in front of Chris, he spoke with me about giving my contact info to Joss and here I am, working on AOU.

Well, you do look fresh-faced for a 25 year old, but that's usually good in this industry. So, would you say that Chris was your gateway to the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

That's what everyone tells me, haha. Yes, I guess you could say that. Chris was very persistent in setting up an audition with Joss, so I have him to thank for getting a job with Marvel.

Chris seems like a really great guy. Do you see much of each other on and off set?

Haha, yes, well, we have only been filming for several weeks, but Chris and I have been friends since early last year. We hang out quite a lot off set, but on set we haven't filmed many scenes together, yet.

Your character is introduced in AOU, correct? Could you give us any hints as to who she interacts with most in the film?

My character is quite the mystery in the beginning, hence why Marvel has not released her name yet. I'm afraid I cannot answer that particular question. I guess you'll just have to see the movie to find out.

The release date for AOU isn't until 2015. That's a lot of waiting. How long did you have to wait before telling your family and friends that you got cast for this movie?

I knew for a whole month before Joss gave me the heads up to tell my relatives about the news. Several days later, he asked RDJ to be the one to deliver the news on Twitter. Ever since then, my friends have been asking me a million questions about my co-stars.

We're short on time, but we have one last question for you. You seem to be awfully close with Chris, is there any potential of a relationship there?

Hahaha, I was waiting for that question to come up. Chris is great. He really is awesome. But I think what we have got going on now is just a strong friendship, strictly platonic.

So many questions left unanswered! Maybe you'll find out more about Poppy and her co-stars on her social media pages!
Follow her on:

Twitter: poppyfitz
Instagram: poppyfitz
Snapchat: pbfitz