14 ) interviews

As Chris felt one of the many interviewers latch onto his arm and pull him towards the cameras, he felt his hands growing even more clammy than they already were

As Chris felt one of the many interviewers latch onto his arm and pull him towards the cameras, he felt his hands growing even more clammy than they already were. Premieres always made him nervous, but his friends and cast-mates eased the stress. Unfortunately, there were more interviewers desperately grabbing him for questions than the Avengers Premiere in 2012.

"And now we have the man himself, Chris Evans! How does it feel to finally be showing London Captain America: The Winter Soldier?" The woman asked, holding a microphone up to his face.

Feeling a little claustrophobic, Chris let out a nervous chuckle, "It's-it's great. It's so great. I can't believe that it's actually happening."

"I'm sure you're very excited. So, I have to ask, what is the difference between filming a solo movie versus filming the Avengers?"

Chris looked down at his feet in thought, "Honestly, it's a lot more up close and personal when filming a solo movie. But both really revolve around team work."

"Up close and personal? Interesting. So, would you say that you feel less of a connection with your cast-mates on set of Avengers: Age of Ultron as opposed to Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie?" The woman shifted on her feet, holding the microphone as close to his face as it could possibly get.

Chris shook his head, "No, I wouldn't say that. Sebastian and Anthony are not just my cast-mates. They're my friends. But there is most certainly a connection I share with everyone on the Avengers set, too. I have a few best friends there and sometimes it doesn't even feel like work."

"Just so everyone knows," Poppy came up behind Chris, wrapping her arm around him to give him a side hug, "He is definitely talking about me."

"Fantastic, ladies and gentlemen, we are now joined by the beautiful Poppy Fitzgerald," the interviewer smiled, looking between Chris, Poppy, and the cameras. "So, you are one of these 'best friends' Chris is talking about?"

Chris chuckled, squeezing Poppy's side gently, "She sure is, she sure is."

"I'm the best friend," Poppy teased, chuckling. "No, I'm kidding. We're all very close on set, but after all, I'm pretty new to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and knowing Chris prior to all of this has really made us closer." She looked over at Chris, "At least for me, it has." She looked back at the interviewer, holding her hand up to her mouth to whisper to the interviewer and camera man, "But he might really secretly hate me. I'd never know." She laughed.

The interviewer laughed, "I don't really see how anyone could hate you, Miss Fitzgerald. So, since you too are so close, Chris, is Poppy your 'date' for the evening?"

Chris's cheeks turned the lightest shade of red, "Actually, Sebastian beat me to the punch."

Poppy let out another laugh, "Yeah, that is true. I would have been happy to accompany Chris, though."

The interviewer smiled, "Speaking of Sebastian Stan, did he not get the memo? Has he even arrived yet?"

"Oh, he's here, alright." Poppy chuckled, looking around. "I'm pretty sure I lost him in a crowd of fans when we first arrived. Stan is quite the ladies man."

Chris nearly doubled over laughing, his hand clutching his chest, "Oh, that's funny. That is pretty true." He could barely speak in between laughs, "Poppy was able to sneak away from the crowd because she's so short. She just crawls under people's legs."

The interviewer laughed, "Well, you've heard it yourself, London! Sebastian Stan is a ladies man! And Poppy Fitzgerald is able to sneak under anyone's radar." She laughed, holding the mic to Chris still, "Now, one last question for you, Poppy. Are there any men on your radar?"

Poppy laughed, "No, no there's not. I don't think there will be for a while. It takes a real patient guy to deal with me. I'm pretty goofy."

"Ah, I'm sure that's true. What about Sebastian? Or even Chris, here? I bet they would make pretty good boyfriend material!"

Chris blushed again, shaking his head, "I'm gonna have to disagree. I'm pretty goofy, too."

"Then that sounds perfect! You're both goofy, and very single." The interviewer smirked.

"You have a point there." Poppy chuckled, feeling Chris's hand tighten its grip on her waist; she could tell when he was feeling anxious.

"Well, I'll let you two get going. I'm sure there are plenty of other people wanting to get their hands on you, and I'm not just talking about interviewers." The interviewer laughed, giving the two a wink as Chris and Poppy waved and turned away, chuckling.