116 ) vogue

POPPY FITZGERALD ON AVENGERS, CHRIS EVANS, AND TAKING ON HER ICONIC ROLE AS CAPTAIN MARVEL

The beautiful and down-to-earth Marvel actress, Poppy Fitzgerald, sat down with us to talk about joining the Avengers and her co-stars—more specifically, her boyfriend Chris Evans, better known as Captain America in the Marvel franchise.

Poppy told us that joining the Avengers "felt just like a dream" and that she is very excited to see where this journey as Captain Marvel will take her. As most know, this is quite possibly the biggest role the actress has taken on since her 2011 movie Soul Surfer was released. Fans wonder, will Poppy be able to return to the big screen with the same spark she had as Bethany Hamilton in Soul Surfer? Here is what the actress had to say:

"It's been a few years since I've had a major role like this, but I definitely feel capable, especially under the direction of Joss Whedon and with the support of my wonderful cast-mates. Marvel has always been an interest of mine and getting the part as Captain Marvel was a dream come true, honestly. I hope I can do her justice, because this is all about bringing the comic characters that fans love to life."

Poppy also mentioned Chris Evans multiple times in the full interview, which you can view online at LINK. So, we had to ask her about her relationship with her fellow "captain." Here is what she had to say about Chris:

"Obviously, we are together, but just like every relationship, it hasn't always been smooth sailing. We were such close friends for such a long time before anything romantic happened, but we still had our ups-and-downs then. I won't lie; I always had feelings for him. He's hard not to love, and I fall more and more in love with Chris every day. He's my best friend. I don't know what I would do without him."

Needless to say, Poppy is a sweetheart. She seems to be a very happy, young actress with a bright future ahead of her, and we can only hope that we will have front row seats to all she does in life.

See Poppy Fitzgerald as Captain Marvel in Marvel's upcoming movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron.

_____
S/O to my BFF primuskat for making this lovely Vogue cover for me. I love her very, very much.