58 ) warmth

Poppy sucked in a deep breath, her eyes closed. Warm tears stained her cheeks as she felt Chris's arm pull her closer into him. His nose and mouth were pressed against her hair, her back to his chest as they laid there silently.

She knew she wasn't going to fall asleep, not even the warmth of Chris's arms around her could help numb her pain enough to lull her to sleep. She just didn't want to be alone; the tears seemed never-ending, and though there was now a whole in her heart that ached for her father, Chris's presence somehow made the gap smaller.

"Chris," Poppy said finally, her voice strained.

"Yeah?"

She turned over on her side to face him, his blue eyes landing on her's as he examined her tear-stained face. It broke his heart to see her this way—to see her at her all time low. He used the pad of his thumb to wipe away some of her tears, though he knew they'd soon be replaced.

"I know it's a lot to ask you. . .and you can say no if you want," she began, choking back more of her tears.

His brows pulled down as he gazed at her, "What is it Pop-Tart?" His voice was quiet and a little sleepy.

"Going home is gonna be hard for me, especially since I'll be by myself," she started, though he cut her off.

"I'll do it; I'll go with you. I'm sure filming can be delayed a few days, or they can work on scenes you and I aren't included in," Chris said quickly, shifting to prop himself up on his elbow.

"Oh, that's not—I wasn't asking—but you'd do that? For me?" She asked, her eyes glassy and a brilliant green.

"Yeah, for you. I'd do anything for you."

"Well, I was just going to ask if you'd drive me down to the airport. . .that was all." She said hesitantly, watching a frown form across his face.

"But you know I'd go with you if you needed me to." He pointed out seriously, his hand stroking down some of her blonde fly-aways.

"Honestly, I don't want to fly home alone. Would you? Go with me?"

He smiled softly, pressing a kiss to her forehead, "Doll, I'd go anywhere with you."