94 ) pizza delivery

Poppy tossed her phone aside once more after re-reading the messages Chris had sent her over an hour ago. She had re-read them at least twenty times by now, and she was still completely thrown for a loop.

She knew Chris had feelings for her, but she'd never expected him to say that—to say that he loved her. More so, she hadn't expected herself to text him back. She had planned on ignoring him for a while longer, just to let herself cool down and hopefully push the thoughts of him and Minka out of her mind.

Now, a whole different thing was on her mind. Her best friend just admitted that he loved her.

It wasn't something she took lightly, either. She felt sick to her stomach, not only because she was so shocked by it, but because he never responded to her text message. He only acknowledged it by reading it; thankfully, he had read receipts, otherwise she wasn't sure if she'd be able to stop herself from marching over to his condo and telling him face to face that she was utterly in love with the man.

So instead, she was left to assume the worst. Their friendship was ruined. After this, they could never go back to being friends.

And what if he never answered her message? They had to see each other on set until August and after that, they'd be going on press tours and interviews with each other in the following Spring when the movie was released. She couldn't stand to lose Chris; she had lost enough already.

A knock at the door tore her from her thoughts. Her heart stopped for a moment before she remembered that she'd ordered a pizza. Truthfully, she wasn't even that hungry, just stress-eating.

After rummaging through her wallet, she found some cash and headed towards the door, counting the money before opening it. She always liked to tip heavily since she was renting a condo on one of the top floors of the building during filming, and she ordered pizza quite frequently from this local pizzeria since she had her cast-mates over a lot.

Unlocking the deadbolt, she barely had to pull the door open, because the pizza guy pushed it open quickly.

Only it wasn't the pizza guy; it was Chris.

He didn't even give Poppy a chance to speak as he stepped inside and placed his hands on either side of her face, tangling his fingers in her hair. He dipped his head to her height and caught her lips in a desperate, passionate lip-lock that he'd literally jumped in his car and driven from the opposite side of city for.

Even more surprised than she had been by his text messages earlier, she stumbled back only to have him catch her with quick reflexes, his lips still moving hungrily against hers. It was like nothing else in the world mattered while he had her in his arms, their skin touching and their lips molding together perfectly. Nothing mattered except their feelings for each other, and what they were willing to do about those feelings.

_____

The two had made their way to the couch, still locking lips, completely oblivious that Chris hadn't even bothered to shut the door behind him when he'd come in.

Only they became very aware of it as Anthony's cackle filled the room, causing Poppy to roll right off of the couch in shock. Chris jumped up and helped her up as she ran a hand through her disheveled hair, both of their cheeks flaming red.

With raised eyebrows and the pizza box in hand, Anthony made a tsk sound with his lips before saying, "Thank God I ran into the pizza delivery guy on the way up here, otherwise you would've had to tip him hella money for putting on this kind of show for him. I can only imagine where this was going," he chuckled, moving to sit back in the recliner as he opened the pizza box and took a bite out of a slice. "And trust me, my imagination is very wild," he smirked.