Chapter 4 : Hanging by a Thread

1221 words
Trigger warning.

{Alex's P.O.V}

Thursday

Once again I went around doing my morning routine, Before I left I looked in the mirror at myself. I barely got anysleep last night.. I made my way to the school to see three of my friends waiting for me. I approached them at there faces went in relief.

"Hey guys.." I said lowly.

"We were worried about you." I stood there in silence unsure of what to say.
-
It was finally lunch I was heading to my table when I got pulled aside by Jordan. "What the hell do you want now..." I huffed. He grinned, "Talking back now are we, I want you to give me money for lunch." I sighed giving him the money I was gonna use for my own lunch. He smiled walking off to his cocky group of friends. "There goes my lunch.." I sit down at the table and put my head down. My stomach growled desperately for food.

"Alex, why arnt you eating..?" Emma tapped on my arm softly with her small hands.

"I dont have anything." I sighed.  Emma, Kyle, and Sasha gave me a item from their plates, I smiled. "Thanks guys.. your honestly the best." These guys are honestly the best thing to happen to me in a long time.

The rest of the day went by slow with the teachers lectures and all the work we had to do, but I was finally time to go to last period witch did I mention, I was alone with no friends in and Jordan was there. Just my luck huh. Before I entered Jordan shoved me into a locker, "You know you really piss me off Walker." He growled lowly, I held onto my books lightly trying not to loose grip. "I guess I could say the same to you too." I spit in his face. His brows furrowed as he wiped the spit grabbing my collar. "You know what..." His words drifted away as our eyes locked, My greenish blue ones onto his baby blue ones. Our faces went red, ive never seen him like this. He shoved me into the lockers, "Ill deal with you later.." He went into class. I gathered my thoughts together before taking my seat in class in front of the room while Jordan is further back. My eyes glanced back and locked with his again before quickly looking away.

"Okay class you are being put in partners.
Ray with Bella
Marco with Jean
Erick with Timmy
...
And
Alex with Jordan" I heard snickers around the room with wispers.

"Can I please switch partners ?!" I called out. Jordan sat besides me quiet as can be, thats the first.

"Sorry, Partners have been desided." The teacher waited for everyone to move.

"W-Whats the assignment..?" I ask Jordan quietly.

"He didnt say it yet dumbass.." He growled.

"Ohh well geez sassy pants. I didnt even want you as my partner.." I grumble.

"I didnt ask for you to be mine either so shut your trap." He snapped.

The teacher gave us our year long assignment and the bell rang. I scurried out to my locker before Jordan could reach me but beings that we are in the same class that didnt work so well.

"Walker." He growled shoving me against the cold lockers. "Your doing the whole project you useless piece of garbage" His words struck me in the heart of my past.

Flashing images of my past haunted me once more. I pushed Jordan off running home trying to run from the darkness that had come back to suffocate me.

I throw open the front door of my house and run into my room locking the door. My body is trembling of the darkness seeping back to haunt me.

I walked into my school with a smile but this time I was hand by hand with my boy friend, He was my everything, his name was Mark. He had beautiful hazel eyes and dark raven black hair. He was the captain of the football team who could of had the hottest cheerleader in the school but choose me. Me, a weak shy,awkward kid. Today we were going to show the whole school this is what we are. Thats when it went down hill, for the both of us. I got harassed and called names. The worst of all I got pushed onto my knees in the bathroom and forced to give guys blow jobs because a rumor was going around that I give the best blow jobs. My boyfriend on the other hand was called names but that was about it, but yet he still couldnt handle that. So he dumped me after he told me the first day we walked in hand and hand "I love you, you are my everything. No matter what happens we can get through this." That all went down the drain. I wet home that night crying my dad was drunk and was abusing my mom at the time who was pregnant with Alyssa, I tried to stop him but he slapped me. I was sent to my room with my door locked my hands trembling as I dug out my box of journals and razor blades. I pull up my sleeve, "It will make the pain go away..." I pick up a razor and look at my arm and all the faded scars and pull it across my skin. Blood drips down my arm as I cry the pain isnt going away. It isnt helping my life is horrible. Why not just end it. I pull the razor up my arm along my veins as I felt weak and dropped to the cold wooden floor loosing blood. My mother was worried so she broke down my door after my dad settled down after she saw me and everything went dark, I heard faint screams then thats when I woke up in the hospital later. Thats when I promised my mother never to try again.

I pull out the old box on the floor and look at the razors I pick one up and pull it across the old scar, that was my first cut. My hands tremble as they place the stained razor of my blood back into the box. I patch up my arm and lean against my door when I hear a light knock. I open my door still on my knees to see my little sister there. "Big brother, you okay.?" She holds my hand with her tiny ones. "Yeah.." I mumble. She frowns, "your not okay, your hurting." her big blue eyes look up into mine. For a little girl who is about to be 6 is smart. Tears weld in my eyes as she hugs me. "I love you big brother." She holds on tighter. After a minuet her grip loosened because she fell asleep in my grasp. I picked her up gently and placed her in bed, I was about to leave when she grabbed my shirt last second. "Please stay." She yawned. "But why." I asked. "I dont want big brother to be lonely.." She frowned. I nodded and laid on the bed next to her. Im glad she is my sister, she was right if I were to be alone again I probably would of done something stupid again. My eye lids drooped down as I was drifting to sleep with my sister holding on by my side.