Chapter 8 Part 4 : Lily's Birthday

Narrator

Lily Elizabeth Evans was born on a cold January night in 1960 to a happy home. On January 30, 1960 to be exact she was born to her loving parents Harold and Rose Evans muggles who didn't know their daughter was magical. When they found out they thought she was special and treated her just the same. They were so proud to have a witch in the family, they were not muggles who were scared easily.

Lily grew up in a loving home as a bright witch with a jealous older sister, Petunia Caroline Evans. She was surprised by her powers and confused. She thought she was some freak until one day in the park when she was 9 and she met Severus who explained everything about magic,there world and Hogwarts. She was excited to go to school with people of her type.

When she was eleven the Sorting Hat chose her to be a Gryffindor but she wasn't as annoying and hateful as the others. Lily was loved and loved all she met. She changed Snape and inspired others. She could have been a Hufflepuff with her kindness and loyalty, or a Raven with her brains, but she was a Gryffindor at heart. She was Brave, Daring, Hot headed, Courageous, a fierce fighter, and determined till the end.

Snape's POV

Lily Elizabeth Evans' Birthdays have always been a joyous occasion. Today is different though. Today is the first day that I celebrate her birthday without her,without my angel. Today would have been Lily's 22 Birthday, but it's not. Lily will remain 21 forever while I age on. It is hard to wrap my head around. My aging while my angel is frozen in time and is 21 years old for the rest of existence.

Usually on Lily's Birthday we would exchange gifts, talk and just be friends. We would celebrate another year of living and celebrate the momentous occasion of her being introduced to the world for the first time. This year we are just celebrating her birth and remembering her life. It might not have been incredibly long, but it was full of happiness. She had a great quality of life,which is more important than quantity any day, but I just wonder if I made her as happy as she made me.

Lily's birthdays have always been full of a random cacophony of noise. People celebrating. Games. Drinks. Conversing with people you never thought you would talk to. All together to celebrate the birth of a girl we all love.I never really enjoyed all of the noise. I put up with it for her. Always for Lily. I like to live a simple life, and Lily was quiet, but sometimes enjoyed her popularity immensely. Modest little cub, who enjoyed being recognized. That is something I never have had. I enjoyed my life of solitude.

I was overjoyed when she first invited me to her birthday party. The first party I ever was invited to. Before Lily, nobody wanted to be around a greasy haired freak like me. She was always so kind to me. She was my first real friend. Everyone hated me, but I would run through fire for her. She was worth me not being in my comfort zone.

My love for Lily was always there in the pit of my stomach. I always loved her personality. She was so perfect. Kind, but still a force to be reckoned with. The day of one of her parties I realized was totally in love with Lily. I was the ice who loved fire, but was too afraid of melting to dare getting close.

Memory of a past birthday

Lily walked down the stairs on to join the rest of humanity and looked like the little red angel she was, newly fallen from heaven. Her smile shined like the moon. She truly had it all. The beauty, the brain and the heart. She should have been mine, but I understand her reason for not loving me. Nothing hurts more than unrequited love.

That day was the best day of my life. I had fun and met a few people who I thought might care including Alice Longbottom, a Hufflepuff as loyal as they come, and her parents. Her parents were the ones I dreamed of having. We were close. I always loved her father. He treated me like the son he always wanted. He was the father I deserved. I was at peace. I found a real family that day. I found out the true definition of love, caring for somebody unconditionally no matter who they are related too.

End Memory