The wait

Kols P.O.V

When Henrik told me my angel could possibly die if I'm not her true soul mate scared me. Questions kept going through my head. If she doesn't wake up that means I'm not her true love. Then who will be. Could it possibly be Henrik since their linked together? Please just let her wake up. I kissed her on the lips and stood up. It made me remember the day when we finally seen each other after i got turned.

***FLASHBACK***

It was a cold dark night. Me and my family set out to burn the white oak tree. Mother said this was the only weapon that could kill us. I mean really a tree can kill us! It just sounded so stupid. We all met at the trees and set them on fire. I couldn't believe Henrik was dead. My best friend/brother i will always miss him. I started to think about Analiyah. I couldn't let her see me like this. I could kill her any minute. I will never be able to live if i did that. I had to leave. But first i will write a letter to her telling her why i left. I'm not going to lie either. I will tell her I'm a monster. She will understand. She would do the same for me. I left the burning of the tree and went to my hut. I started to write the letter.

Dear Analiyah,

Im sorry to tell you this angel but I'm leaving. Something bad happened after Henrik got killed. I'm a monster now. I cant take the chance of me hurting you. I could never give you what you wanted anymore. I cant give you kids or grow old with you. Angel my mother turned my whole family into vampires. If you see one of my family members please stay away. I cant let anything hurt you. I don't want you to see me like this. In order for me to live i have to drink human blood. And if I'm around you i could just snap. My emotions are even heightened so as you can see I'm sort of crying. And don't act dumb i know you see the tear drops on the paper. Just remember all the good times we had. I will always come back but I'm not going to let you know. I'm sorry angel. I hope you live a wonderful life without me by your side. I don't want this but find a husband have kids and just live your life. I love you angel always and forever sorry i cant be by your side or tell you this in person. Well this is goodbye i guess.

Sincerely your best friend, lover, and soul mate

                        Kol Mikaelson

I bursted into tears. I cant believe i have to leave her. I got up and went to her house. I looked through her window and seen she was sleeping. I listened in but i didn't hear anything.  When i mean i didn't hear anything i mean it. I started to freak out. I couldn't hear her heart! She wasn't even breathing. I tried to go through the window but i couldn't step through because of the barrier. I started to beat on the window. No no no no no she cant be dead! She CANNOT be dead. No no no. I fell down on the ground. I couldn't breathe. I thought vampires didn't have to breathe no no no!  I backed up against her window and put my head in my hands and cried. I couldn't loose her i just lost Henrik. I just cant loose her. No no no I'm dreaming I'm dreaming. But this cant be happening. I got up and ran away. For years i have been killing people. I enjoyed it. Making them feel my pain. I was in some town that had some vampires in it. Looks like my family was having fun turning people. I tried to move on from Analiyah but for some reason i couldn't help but feel that she was still out there. Somewhere. But that cant be she was dead. I seen it for my self. I got finished with whoever i was eating and just ran. Everything i passed was a blur. I didn't know where i was going my feet was just taking me somewhere. When i finally stopped i noticed something. I was home. I was at my old house. The village was quiet to quiet. I started to walk around and seen that blood was all on the doors. A vampire must have came through here. I went by Analiyah's house and seen blood on her door and walls. I guess her mother got killed to. I was able to walk inside so my guess was true. When i walked in i seen her mother stabbed in the neck with a knife. She must have pissed a human off. Because a vampire would have sucked her dry. The whole village was now empty. I started to leave but i heard noise. It sounded like somebody was drinking something. I guess the vampire is still here. I wanted to see who it was so i went to the noise. When i got there all i seen was the back of the vampire. It turns out to be a girl. I just kept watching.

"You know i use to live here and i liked everybody here. They were nice people. I wonder what they did to piss you off." I said. The vamp stiffened and answered me.

"They killed her. They killed my mother" she said in a cold tone. She stood up and started to turn around. I gasped. This couldn't be true. She finally looked up and i seen her eyes. She gasped to.

"Kol" she whispered. I couldn't believe this. She was right here in front of me.

"Analiyah" i whispered. Tons of questions ran through my mind. How did she get like this? Who turned her? Could it have been my family?  How long has she been like this? I thought she was dead? I needed answers.

" I had got your letter Kol but it was already to late" she said with tears running down her face. How I had it with me when i left. It must have fell.

" I thought you were dead" i said.

"I was Kol but i came back and I'm like this. I never got a choice i was forced to do this!" She said.

"I thought that you were dead!!" I yelled. "I seen you dead i mourned over you and i just left you like this. You already killed a whole village. I should have stayed. This is all my fault." I said.

"Kol now don't say that. You thought i was dead you couldn't have known. I did this to myself. I didn't have to be the monster i was turned into i WANTED to be like this. They killed my mother!" She yelled.

"Who killed her" i said.

"The village.  They thought she was the one killing people because she was a witch. They thought she killed your mother. They seen your moms heart whipped out. They said that no ordinary human could have ripped someones heart out. They didn't know about vampires. So what clever person could be left...... a witch. I had went out to get my mother some soup. She was sick and couldn't even move an inch. So she couldn't defend herself. I came back and seen her with a knife wedged inside her.

I got my revenge though. They got what they deserved. "So come with me Kol. Spend eternity with me we can have fun. Were free. We don't have to meet anyone's standards. Just think its all we have ever wanted to have." She said smiling. I thought about it and everything she had just said was true. I wanted all of that and i would do just about anything to do that with her.

"Then what are we waiting for lets go" i said smiling. We both grabbed each others hand and ran. Ran off into the distance and lived our life together the way we wanted it to be. Never listening to anybody tell us what to do. We are going to be FREE!

***BACK TO PRESENT***

Its been 1 hour til i had kissed her. I just kept telling myself that she will wake up and we could just runaway and never come back. Just like we did centuries ago. I was getting afraid. I mean Kol Mikaelson afraid of something. I love her so yeah I'm going to be afraid. Every minute my heart kept breaking. I kept thinking. Maybe i wasn't her true soul mate. She was my everything. I couldn't take it anymore i got up and started to walk out the door. Henrik came out and stopped me.

"At least say goodbye to her before i have to bury her." Henrik said. I guess she was dead. Tears started to pour down my face. I walked into the room and touched her face. This will be the last time i get to see her.

"I will always love you Analiyah Mikaelson/Knight. I wish we could have had your dream wedding.  Have kids and just be happy. I'm going to miss you so much. I will never move on from you. I won't ever let go. I promise. Everybody will remember you as a bad ass girl. My girl. I will always love you Analiyah,  angel. Hope i will see you soon someday just know that every second and every minute you will always be on my mind.  And don't worry ill watch over the puppy. " i just started to laugh. "Goodbye baby girl may you have a wonderful life in the after life" i got up and kissed her on the lips. I walked over to the door and turned back one last time.

"Goodbye" i whispered.

"Kol" i heard a soft voice whisper.

***AUTHORS NOTE***

Hey guys I'm sorry for the long wait. I just wanted to make the story longer and put more of how Kol is feeling. I want to let y'all know that there will be alot of flashbacks in this story. I hope y'all like it and vote, comment. Please!!