Epilogue: Together

"Look!"

"So gross."

"She's his sister."

"Incest is a crime."

"He should be thrown away."

"Such a disgusting human being."

"What do you want?" Jongdae snarled when a young, pretty and popular girl came up to face you both, his hand clutching yours tighter, him pulling you up closer by his side, stepping out in front of you protectively.

"You're a diabolical human being, Jongdae" she spat, her overly glossed lips curling into a snide grin.

Your free hand clenched into a fist, your long manicured nails digging into the fragile skin of your palm, forming grooves in the centre. "Back the fuck off, bitch!" You growled deep in your throat, stepping out from behind your boyfriend, you proceeding to stand in front of him. Your eyes were tightened into slits, staring at her fiercely as your pressed your lips into a thin line, your jaw clenched so tight your gums ached.

The girl scoffed. "Why should I?"

"Because if you don't get the hell away from my boyfriend I'll rip those cheap extensions from your scalp."

The girls eyes widened slightly, and held up her hands in defence, her backing away slowly. You lifted up Jongdae's quivering hand towards your lips and placed a gentle, loving kiss against his knuckles, fear reflecting in his deep dark chocolate coloured pools.

"Come," you smile and pull him along the corridor, your hand still gripping his firmly. "Class is about to start."

•••

School seemed to last longer than normal these days. Ever since word got out that you and Jongdae were dating, serious crap had happened. And although it hurt when people spat insults at your face, it still didn't bother you as much as it bothered Jongdae. His friends, including his life long best pal, Xiumin were told, by Jongdae himself, to keep their distance during school hours, him not wanting his friends to become a target of the bullying you and him were undergoing.

"We need to talk," he said, as you sat down in the passenger seat of your shared car.

You laughed, "not this nonsense again."

Jongdae flashed you a serious look, but after letting out a heavy gush of air through his nostrils he decided to drop the subject and start the car.

He didn't say a word the entire drive home, he didn't even turn on the radio. He just parked up on the drive, got out, locked the car doors using his fob key and stuffed it inside his pocket. Walking through the gate and around the tower of shrubbery  located at the side of your house, heading towards down towards the beach.

You just watched him skulk away, his hands stuffed deep into his jean pockets, shoulders raised up to his ears and rounded over into a slump, his chin down at his chest, eyes gazing down at the cobbled path.

Your heart ached and chest constricted. It hurt you to see him so depressed.

You decided to follow. Quietly.

"I don't know what to do," you heard him speak, his voice monotone. "I need help." You were just about to speak up when he cried, "please mum." His eyes looked up towards the clouds, tear flowing down his cheeks. "I love her, but I don't want her to get hurt."

"I can care for myself,"'you muttered thoughtfully, a soft smile on your lips. His head snapping round at the sound of your voice. "You of all people should know that."

"I know, but no matter what you say I'm still going to worry about you, _____. That's what happens when you love somebody."

"Listen to me," you say, gripping his wrists gently and helping him pull them from within his pockets, your fingers lacing with his warm, soft one, your thumb caressing his soothingly. "When you first told me you loved me and that you wanted to be together, I was cautious. I knew people wouldn't approve, but you know what?" You looked deep into his eyes, smiling softly at him when the corners of his eyes wrinkled as he smiled. "I decided I didn't care." You pushed yourself onto your tiptoes and pressed your lips to his cheek, kissing away a tear. "Because I knew, in the end, I would always have you."

He sniffled. "You told me it would be easy," he mumbled, his eyes sparkling with this tears.

You shook your head in disagreement. "No, you started. "I never said it would be each," you corrected. "However, I did say it would be worth it."

You let his hands go and started to walk back towards the house, stopping to turn your body a hundred and eighty degrees. "The way I see it, we have to options. Option one is we break up and let the bullies win," you started, holding your hand out towards him, encouraging him to take it by gesturing down towards your outreached fingers. "Or option two, you can take my hand and we can battle through this together."

You raised your eyes rows, waiting for his answer. He didn't say a word, he just smiled and stepped forwards, grasping your hand with his, lacing his fingers in between yours, lifting your hand up to place a kiss against your soft skin.

"Together sounds good."

•••

Okay guys, I was originally just going to leave it as it was with the last chapter, however some of you didn't seem happy with the ending so here is a little extra xD but that's it for this story. You'll need to wait for the prequel for more