Chapter 7: I Want Her

The sun was setting slowly on the horizon and birds wear singing away. The quiet repetitive sound of bubbles popping as the filter in the pool worked away. A towel was wrapped around your shoulders and your legs wear dangling in the pool. You kicked the water and splashed it all over the side. Sehun sat close to you a towel wrapped around him.

"Can I ask you something?" He spoke quietly and flicked water up into the air with his toes. You nodded and smiled at him. "Why did Chen act so coldly to me before."

You sighed. "I wish I knew, he's been like that for as long as I can remember. But it got really bad when our parents got married."

In his bedroom Chen was watching through his window, looking down at you and Sehun with tears rolling down his cheeks. He watched you talk and laugh, like you two had done when you were kids.

He just let the tears roll down his cheeks, they reminded him of how badly he had treated you even though he loves you. "Son," his dad said and walked through the door and into his bedroom. "Are you okay?"

He wiped the tears away quickly and sighed heavily. "Why did you do it, dad?"

His dad moved to stand at his sons side. "Do what?"

"Marry LiMae." Chen looked at his dad then back out of the window but his heart sank when he saw you were no longer there. "You made her my sister, dad." His dad didn't know what to say, he just looked at Chen with a saddened expression. "I love her-" Chen paused.

"And she loves you too-"

"Dad, you don't understand... I don't want her to be my sister!" He turned to look his dad directly in the eye as another tear fell from his eye and trailed slowly down his soaked cheeks. "I want her to be my girlfriend." Chen started to sob and he fell onto his bed, resting his elbows on his knees his head dropped to cradle in his hands.

"Why didn't you say?" His dad stared at his son with a sunken expression.

"Because you made her my sister!" He said furiously. "Just imagine what people would say! 'Oh look, there's the guy that's dating his own sister'. That would make my popularity rocket up wouldn't it father?"

Chen looked up and froze when he saw you stood outside his bedroom door.