6; Finding You- Pt 2

Wc: 766

Enjoy❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Newt had woken up just before the doors opened. He strolled out of the hut with his head down, feeling almost as if a part of him was missing. He had always walked out of his hut with (y/n) next to his side, or with (y/n) on his back when she was too tired of get up and run.
But today was different. (y/n) wasn't even near him and her laughter couldn't be heard, despite the early hours of the morning.
Instead of getting breakfast like he used to when (y/n) was still around, he immediately walked towards the closed doors, a small light of hope of finding her still there.
"Newt." He heard Minho's voice call after him, yet he ignored it and carried on. "Newt, hear me out. Please, I know you're angry."
Newt stopped walking and swung around to face Minho. "If there's anyone I'm angry at, Minho, it isn't going to be you." Newt had his hands curled into fists by his side and his chest was moving rapidly from the breaths that he was taking.
"Who, then?"
"Myself," Newt almost whimpered, his tough side fading away slowly. "I'm the second-in-command, I had a say in agreeing whether she could be a runner." He brought his hands up to clutch onto his hair, pulling aggressively at it. He could still hear his voice in the back of his mind, agreeing to the decision of letting her be a runner.
"Newt, it isn't your fault," Minho sighed. "You just wanted her to be happy, didn't you?"
Newt shook his head. "It isn't just about her happiness, Minho. It's about her promise of always being careful. The promise that she'd always come back running back into my arms safely everyday just before the bloody doors close," Newt whined. His voice cracked multiple times, and he didn't like the way he was breaking down so early in the morning. "It's the fact that she didn't come back despite all of those promises."
Minho took a step forward to comfort Newt but Newt had already turned away and continued his walk to the maze doors. Minho nodded to himself as he walked away to get ready to run the maze - but for a completely different purpose this time.
He was going to search for (y/n), not a way out.
Newt had taken a seat by the doors, waiting patiently for them to open. Wishing to himself that she would be there and although all beat up and weak, that she was still alive.
Minho gathered the rest of the runners in a circle just by the map room.
"Nobody survives a night in the maze, Minho," Ben sighed. "There's no use looking for someone who's already dead."
"She's not dead," Minho snapped, his eyes burning into Ben's. "Change of plans today, all we're going to do is run our asses off looking for (y/n)."
The runners couldn't possibly disagree; Minho was their keeper. They dispersed into different directions to either get their breakfast, or their tools for the day.
The familiar sound of grumbles could be heard, and Newt's eyes snapped from the ground to the maze doors that were now moving apart from one another. He scrambled up to his feet with his eyes locked on the corridor that led further into the maze.
He winced when there wasn't a body lying on the ground; when she wasn't standing there, ready to run back into his arms. He collapsed to the ground with a thud when realization hit him. When he realized that (y/n) just wasn't going to run out any moment and ramble on about how she never wanted to go back into the maze - about how it had been a nightmare.
Newt watched the runners run in, not even a single bid of goodbye coming out from his mouth like usual.
He silently turned and walked back towards his hut.
"Did she come back?" Alby asked as Newt passed him.
Newt stopped walking and looked at Alby. He stared a while longer before looking ahead with his eyebrows furrowed. "No," Newt whispered. "Nobody ever survives a night in the maze. She's never gonna come back."
"Newt-"
"No," Newt snapped, his eyes staring hard into Alby's. "It happens, it's life. It's normal." He pauses to suck in a deep breath before his eyes snap to elsewhere. "Or at least just for us, it's normal."

SHOULD I DO A PART THREE? IF SO MESSAGE ME OR VOTE AND COMMET!

See you later my nerds, Bye!!