42; Nightmare

Hi guys! I'm posting 5 imagines today, I had a few in my drafts that I finally decided to publish :)

Wc: 620

Enjoy my lovelies❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the fire began to come to an end after the newbie arrived, most of the Gladers left to the Homestead to end the day. Since the day was rough, many things going wrong, my shoulders and back were sore.

"Newt?" I murmur to the Brit next to me, and he hums in a sign to continue. "I'm going to head to bed."

"Everythin' alright?" He whispers, leaning to have his lips brush against my ear softly.

"Yeah, it's just been a shucking long day," I hum, turning my head to give his cheek a kiss.

I wake with a start as I feel someone shake me, trying to calm me down. "Hey, Y/N, it's alright!" I hear Chuck try to say calmly, his eyes wide with concern as I feel my breathing increase dramatically while my body starts to tremble with the dream still fresh in my mind.

"Minho, get Newt!" Alby commands, while Chuck tries to wipe the tears from my cheeks. He tries to hold me, but his smaller frame doesn't cover my slightly bigger one.

"What's-Y/N!" I hear, then arms wrap around my torso. No one but Minho, Chuck, or Newt would do that, and Chuck moves away from me. "Shh, it's alright, love. You're okay."

I let out a sob, then quickly cover my mouth with my hand, trying not to wake anyone else up. Newt whispers in my ear gently, rubbing my back soothingly. He places a hand on the back of my head and pushes my head into the crook of his neck, allowing me to breathe in his scent.

"Y/N, just breath. Follow my breathing and listen to my voice. You're okay, nothing will hurt you. Not while I'm here. Shh, little one." Newt coos, rocking our bodies slightly once he moves me into his lap.

"I'm-" I choke on a sob, "sorry."

I feel him shake his head, leaning his cheek on the top of mine. "Nothin' to be sorry for. Everyone here gets nightmares. Nothin' to be ashamed of."

"I woke-" I breathe in a shaky breath to try to speak a bit clearer for him, "everyone up."

"They're fine. We're just worried about you, love. Are ya workin' yourself too hard? Is that it? You're stressing about becomin' a Med-jack?" He asks quietly, still rocking my body.

"K-kinda," I whimper, closing my eyes to better focus on his breathing, his heartbeat, and his words. The vibrations in his chest from the words soothes me as well, almost enough for the sobs to turn into silent whimpers. He wipes some tears away, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"No need to work yourself sick, love bug." He whispers, the different nickname making a small smile work it's was on my lips. "That's it, just take deep breaths."

After awhile, my trembling subsiding to a shiver every once in a while. Alby had left long ago, not after whispering something in Newt's ear.

Newt lays me down, pulling the blanket over my body. "Don't you have to go? Alby's orders?" I ask, knowing the consequences of a boy and girl sleeping in the same hammock.

"No, love. Alby wanted me to stay with you to maybe help with your nightmares. And to be able to help you right away if you have another," He whispers, turning out the lamp from the hook above.

After he settles down, he brings me closer to his body, laying on his back so my head can rest in the crook of where his shoulder and arm meet. He rubs my back gently, soothing me into a peaceful slumber for once since what seems like forever.