27; The Terrible Cook

Wc: 1381

Enjoy my lovelies❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shit!" you shouted grabbing your hand and cradling it. You ran over to the sink and dunked your burnt hand into the cold water, immediately you felt relief but it soon wore off. Wincing you wiggled your finger testing out how bad it was. "Great another blister". The good thing was your injury couldn't make your cooking any worse, it was always terrible. You sighed as fry inspected your food "okay well its edible" he told you. When you looked upset he patted your back "hey don't be upset you'll learn, now go relax for a bit you've worked hard today". You thanked fry and were grateful he was letting retreat into your room. Passing through the glade a few called to you including newt and alby who you just waved away hurrying back to your room. Shutting your door you crawled into bed your hands still throbbing.

A while later there was a knock on your door, you walked over to it and peered out. Newt was stood there smiling at you, as cute as ever. You smiled before letting him in. Sitting on the bed he asked "so hows it going love?". You shrugged feeling useless and like you'd let them all down. Newt was a close friend, you didn't want to disappoint him. Especially because you'd developed a small major crush on him from day one. "Whats up? Please tell me" he pouted making you smile. "Im just tired newt" you told him "honest". He sighed and smiled sadly at you "well in that case you have the day off tomorrow, you have been working hard lately and you deserve a rest". "No newt i really don't" you said feeling even worse. "Why?". "Because I'm useless, I'm the only girl here which means i was obviously a mistake, i cant run or garden or heal people, i can barely cook, i only just remembered my name and i have no idea why the hell I'm here" you burst. Immediately embarrassed you got tongue tied, "I'm not sure where that came from" you told him looking down. "Y/n" he said sternly "you are not useless, not at all, you might not notice it yet but so many of our lives have been made better because of you, Thomas and you have become close friends and he smiles more because of you, chucks become more confident because of you, minho finally has someone who gets all his jokes and he laughs more because of you, fry finally has a hard worker because of you not to even mention how much better you've made my life, your special y/n and your one of us, your a glader and i couldn't be prouder to call you that". Your eyes had welled up and you sniffled slightly "thanks newt, i don't know what id have done without you". He went to grab your hand and you flinched away from him immediately. "Im sorry, i shouldn't have gone for your hand" he muttered blushing and looking down thinking you'd rejected him. "Newt no thats not way i pulled away" you told him hastily not wanting him to think he'd done anything wrong. "Then why'd you pull away". "Ow i just hurt my hand in the kitchens" you told him honestly. "Show me" he demanded "maybe i can help". "Newt no its fine" you told him but he shook his head "no show me i want to make sure your okay". "Newt I'm fine" you whined but he shook his head "no come on...please". Sighing you brought your hands out from under the quilt and showed him. He made a hiss sound as he inspected all the cuts and blisters all over your hands. "God why didn't you tell someone how bad you'd burnt yourself?" Newt asked "these must kill". "They do but theres nothing i can do, they'll heal". "Why don't you see the medjacks?"he asked. "No i don't want to bother anyone plus its kinda embarrassing how bad a cook i am". He laughed and put an arm around you "don't worry you'll get better at your job and if not theres always a place on the gardens for you". "Even though I'm rubbish at that too?". "Even then, if you want to do it then ill teach you all i know about potatoes and carrots until your an expert". You laughed and he smiled watching you "now about that hand". "I told you I'm not going to clint or jeff". "You don't have to, ill do it for you" he smiled linking arms with you. He walked you over to the medjacks and pushed the door open ushering you inside.

He took particular care and time putting the gel on your burns and then bandaging them to stop them getting hurt. You couldn't help but find his concentrating face cute. When he finally finished his face lit up in success and he smiled at you. "So how does it feel" he asked gently touching your hand. You squeezed his hand back gingerly and smiled "it feel wonderful thanks newt". He smiled back and went to say something when you beat him to it. "Newt can i ask you something? All the nice stuff you said before....why do you think that". "Because its true y/n, i haven't known you for ages and ages but i already think your an amazing person". You smiled looking down "newt". "Yeah?". "I think your amazing too, i really like you". You wondered what he'd make of that and could feel his gaze on your face. You then noticed you were still holding hands. Suddenly he cleared his throat and helped you up "ill take you back to yours and you can get some sleep but let me clean up first". It didn't take him long to tidy away but the fact he kept staring at you slowed it down. When you looked up and met his gaze he'd blush bright pink and hastily looked away. You walked across the glade together and noticed him looking at you again which made you smile. He opened the door to your room and you thanked him. "Right well ill get going" he started you nodded when he changed tactics. "What did you mean by you like me, cause I'm fine if its what i think you mean but if its what else i think you mean then i want to know so i can tell you what i mean". Utterly confused and embarrassed you stood up "what?". Newt went bright pink and slowed his breathing down "When you said you really liked me did you mean you really really liked me? Cause I really like you, i have since we became friends, I've had a crush on you but didn't know how to tell you incase you didn't feel the same way". Your eyes Widened as he said that. You never thought that the second in command, someone like newt, would ever like you too. Your hesitation made newt doubt himself so with a "I'm sorry i said..." He started to walk out the room. Running forward you grabbed his shoulders and pulled him towards you. You kissed him hurriedly and worried it wouldn't be what you wanted but it was newt. It felt amazing with him and when you did separate you were both grinning "i do like you newt" you told him grinning making him blush. "I cant believe it" he said smiling "I'm so happy". "Me too but you know what'd make me happier?". "What?". "If I could work with you in the gardens? Im happier when I'm with you". "Of course love, then I get more time with you". You shook your head and smiled as he wrapped you into a hug. "Were not starting tomorrow though" Newt told you leading you back to bed. "Why not?" You asked "the sooner i start the sooner i get better". "Because tomorrow me and you are having a lazy day and your not lifting a finger". "thanks newtie" you smiled and he smirked at your nickname. "Night love" he whispered kissing you softly. "Night" you smiled snuggling into your quilt. Maybe the glade wasn't so bad after all.