22; Jealousy

Wc: 1369

Enjoy my lovelies❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N)!" I turned around by the sound of my name. Jeff was standing outside the med-jacks hut, waving wildly. It seemed to be urgent.
Just as I was about to walk his way, someone shouted my name from across the Glade. This time it was Newt. "I quickly need your help in the gardens." My eyes darted from one to another.
Since the best things came in threes Frypan also seemed to need me as fast as possible. I should help him with the arrangements for dinner. What was more important? Maybe saving a life? Picking strawberries? Or cooking? „Oh god, why does everybody need me?" Hopelessly overcharged I threw my hands up in despair. "I don't need you," Gally replied as he walked past me. Rolling my eyes I slightly punched his upper arm. "I don't need you either." Chuckling he continued his way to the west doors of the Maze. "See you later, shuck-face." "Yeah. I can hardly wait."
"(Y/N)!" Newt's voice made me startle up. "Are you coming now or what?" Uncertain who I should choose I looked over to Fry and Jeff. The latter waved again. My gut feeling told me to help him.
So I apologized to Newt and Fry and sprinted across the Glade to the med-jacks hut. "What's up?"
A worried expression was plastered across his face while he led me to the backside of the hut. I expected the worst scene my brain could imagine but there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. No bleeding or nearly dying Glader. Just yawning void. "Jeff?" Interrogatively I placed my hands on my hips. He smiled innocently. "What?" "Why did you call me when no one's here? I thought it was an emergency. I ditched Newt and Fry to help you," I sulked. "Forget these two shanks. It was an emergency!" He insisted and grabbed my hand to pull me closer to him. I looked up. "Really?" "I was on the edge of dying. Clint said he needed a pause since nobody was here all day. You can't imagine how bored I am."
I couldn't help but laugh. "You're such a slinthead. What do you intend to do now I'm here?" He shrugged his shoulder purposelessly. "Maybe you could help me tidying up." "That's exactly how I wanted to spend my afternoon!" I cheered sarcastically. His eyes narrowed. "You definitely spend too much time with Minho." "No. I definitely spend too much time with you."
We continued to tease each other for about half an hour. Of course we also started to tidy up the hut. We put jars on the dedicated shelves and placed bandages in the drawers underneath. Everything went smoothly until I accidentally dropped a glass of medicine.
Screaming we tried to catch it at the same time and banged our heads together. Another screech escaped my lips as I landed on my butt. Jeff hovered over me, laughing like mad. Unfortunately we weren't able to save the jar but we had fun. At least till the door flew open revealing a shocked looking Newt. His eyes first met us, then the broken glass and finally us again. "What happened?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.
Jeff pulled himself together. "Thanks," I mumbled as he had helped me to get back up. I felt myself blushing. God, how embarrassing. "Nothing," Jeff answered evasively. "However. Dinner's ready."
--
Dinner went by fast. As always Frypan had exceled himself. I sat at a table with Jeff, Clint, Chuck, Thomas, Minho and Newt. Gally sat two tables further, pulling faces at me which made me laugh.
Newt turned around to shot him a death glare. Of course he didn't stop. "Gally, stop it. You bloody shank!" At this moment we were all taken aback by Newt's harsh tone. Even the keeper of the builders paused his actions. "Newt what...," I started but he avoided my gaze and stood up instead. "I gotta go."
--
He acted strangely the following days. Especially around me and Jeff. On the one hand he ignored me, but on the other he seemed more protective about me than usual. He literally fobbed every single Glader that crossed the invisible boundary line for just one millimetre off.
Slightly I suspected that it had something to do with the incident in the med-jacks hut. I really felt terrible therefor. The scene looked different from what it actually was. Nothing had happened but this fact didn't want to fit in Newt's head. He was such a stubborn person! S
uddenly I heard a knock on my door. I heaved myself off of my comfy bed to go and answer it. "I don't have time now, Jeff," I sighed as I opened the door. Newt stood, to my big surprise, in front of it. He greeted me with a brief nod.
"Do you still show me the cold shoulder?" I asked and took a step back so he could enter my room.
A deep growl escaped his throat. "I need to talk to you." "About what?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "About Jeff." His voice was cold, his expression frozen. "Is he alright?" "Yes, don't worry. I just came to tell you that the times of your togetherness are over now." "You kidding me, right? This is a joke," I laughed incredulously. Soon I realized he wasn't joking. He was dead serious. "You can't do that!" "Yes I can. I talked to Alby about your lack of work lately and he agreed with me. You stay away from him from now on, got me?" "You're not my boyfriend." "I'm second-in-command." "I don't shucking care. Jeff's one of my best friends in the Glade. You can't forbid me to see him!" I rose my voice automatically.
"Listen, (Y/N). The thing is, your effort in the gardens became very slack because most of the time you hang around the med-jacks hut. I'm tired of it." "Personally I think the thing is that you're jealous," I raised an eyebrow, knowing exactly that I had hit the mark.
He let out his breath in disbelief. "Jealous? Me?" "You just don't want me to spend time with Jeff because thereby I give you less attention." "Maybe in your dreams," he pushed himself off of the wall, ready to leave.
Quickly I locked the door. "You don't leave this room until you confessed that I'm right." "Fine. I got no problems with staying the night," ostentatiously he made himself comfortable on my bed. I ran a hand through my hair. "Newt, that's ridiculous. Jeff's a good friend of mine. We aren't dating and if it makes you happy I try to focus more on my work and less on him."
"I don't want you to spend less time with him. I want you to spend more time with me instead. I miss you," the sound of his voice cracking made my heart ache. "Newt..." "What? You miss me too. I can see it in your eyes." The only thing he could see in my eyes at the moment were the slowly forming tears. "I know, somewhere deep inside you, you return my feelings," he laid his hand on his chest. Right above his beating heart.
"Your feelings?" I slung my arms around my upper body, trying my hardest not to let any tears escape my burning eyes. "I love you. It hit me like a lightning stroke as I helped you out of the box. You were and still are beautiful. Even when you're standing in front of me crying," he gently wiped the now rolling tears off of my heated cheeks. Nearly immediate I gave up my resistance and allowed myself to fall into his arms. "We shouldn't argue. I'm sorry."
"No, I'm sorry. You were right. I was jealous. But who wouldn't be? There are fifty other guys fighting for your attention." "They don't mean anything. You are what matters the most." "You mean...," I chuckled quietly at his widening eyes. "Yes, I love you too." "God, you can't imagine what load just dropped off of my shoulders." My lips brushed his. "Believe me. I can."