One Year

Requested by: SarahCyanide

The smell of coffee and eggs filled the air, Steve was up extra early this morning for it was Bucky and his first anniversary of being reunited and as a couple. The blonde wanted this day to be perfect starting off with a wonderful breakfast. Well he had hope so anyway, it just really depends on Bucky's mood once he woke.

Shaking off any bad thoughts, Steve smiled to himself and continued on with what he was doing.

A loud moan came from the other room as Bucky tossed and turned, one of his haunting nightmares interrupting what sleep he had gotten. The super soldier quickly stopped what he was doing and made his way to the shared bedroom. A part of him knew that Bucky was having a nightmare and he needed to help, but another part of him was telling him to let Bucky get through this on his own. Let's say that part lost in a long run.

Gently placing his hand upon the brunette's shoulder, Steve got onto his knees and gave the sleeping man a little nudge. "Bucky.. It's me. Your safe, no one is going to hurt you. Buck please wake up" the blonde spoke softly.

A groan escaped from the back of Bucky's throat, turning himself onto his side and clinched the sheets a little tighter. "Bucky" Steve spoke his name once more, gently brushing his hand over the other man's cheek. Bucky slowly calmed down, the soft touch from the blonde helping him ever so.

Steve's face quickly softened, his nerves slowing down as the brunette's eyes opened showing the worried blonde a small smile. "Morning Stevie" Bucky mumbled and yawned, raising his brow a little when he smelt something burning. "Morning Buck" the taller man replied, carefully placing a small kiss to his temple. "What are you burning?" asked the still sleepy soldier, a smirk forming along his lips as Stevie's face went a bright shade of red.

A low chuckle escaped from Bucky as he watched the blonde swiftly make his way back to the kitchen, cursing under his breath as the food was burnt to a crisp. Steve hung his head low, embarrassed that he had burnt their breakfast, but Bucky didn't seemed to be bothered by it. Instead the slightly smaller man found it very much adorable and he simply wrapped his arms around the taller man's waist, burning his face into his shoulder hiding a smirk.

Steve turned his body around and quickly wrapped his arms around the other man, softly resting his chin upon his head. "Well that's a shame, I wanted it to be perfect, but I forgot to shut the stove off when I went to see you" the blonde murmured, hugging Bucky a little tighter. "Why?" Is all Bucky was able to ask before Steve lifted his chin, gently cupping his cheek. "Mm.. Happy one year anniversary, Jerk" Steve answered and locked his lips with Bucky's for a sweet kiss.