Chapter 1

You had had the privilege of being selected to do field placement with the Edmonton Oilers. This was a dream of yours to work with the Oilers and it was finally coming true.  You were scheduled to start tomorrow and so you began to prepare everything you would need. You set out a nice, professional outfit and put an extra pair of athletic clothing in a duffle bag. You were so excited that you didn't get any sleep.
The next morning you drove to Rogers Place, excited because this was the first time that you would see the new arena. When you got there you were greeted by security. "Do you have a security pass, miss," the security guard said.
"No, I'm Y/N, I am on a field placement as one of the new trainers," you said confidently.
"Can I see some ID then, miss," he said. You handed him a piece of ID and he went to his booth to check a list for your name. He came back and handed you your ID back, "Here's your ID Miss, Y/L/N. They will make you a security pass when you get inside."
You parked you car and made your way inside. There was a man waiting for you inside. "Hello, you must be Y/N. I'm Joey. Its nice to have you here. Its nice that you are taking this placement seriously," he said as he looked at your outfit, "But we have a package of gear for you to wear. He took you to get your security and packing pass and Oilers gear. "You have spot #40 in the garage. How about you get changed and put your packing pass in your car."
You did as you were told and as you made your way to the parking garage you heard a bunch of players talking. You overheard one of them saying "When I got here, there was someone parked in my spot."
The other one then said, "who would do that."
You turned the corner to discover that it was Connor Mcdavid and Taylor Hall. You walked up to them and said, "I'm sorry to interrupt but is your packing spot #9."
Connor responded by saying, "Ya, how did you know."
"I'm so sorry but I was the one that parked in your spot. I didn't know that the spots were all assigned to specific players."
"It's fine," he said as his frown turned into a smile. "Hi, I'm Connor and this is Taylor. You must be the new trainer but I didn't catch a name though."
" I'm sorry, how rude. I'm Y/N and yes I am the new trainer. I was just about to move my car if it helps."
" Let me come with you and then I can show you around," he said with a huge smile on his face.
Taylor began to laugh as he mumbled under his breathe, "Oh here we go."