Chapter 6

You woke up the next morning to the warm embrace of a pair of arms wrapped around you. You were quite startled for a second until you realized that Connor had insisted that you spend the night considering it was almost 4:30 in the morning by the time you reached his apartment and had shown you to the guest room. You looked at the clock on the side table which read 10:30. Luckily the team had the morning off because of last night's game. You would have to go in for 1:00 to help with rehabbing some of the player's and filling out some reports about the game.

Connor began to stir in his sleep until he finally woke up. You felt his embrace get a little tighter and him bringing your body closer to his own. You turned your body around so that you are now face him. "Oh good, you're up," he said in a quiet morning voice.

"Ya, although I thought I fell asleep in the guest room," you said with a hint of laughter.

Connor's face suddenly turned a little red with embarrassment before he said, "Sorry, I thought I would keep you company. Plus I was lonely by myself in the other room."

"Don't apologize. I didn't mind. It was actually really nice."

Connor smiled and gave you a little squeeze before going to get up. He must have forgot that he had a broken foot because he began to whimper when he stood up. You got out of the bed and ran around it to help him. You sat him down on the bed and began to search for his crutches. You found them pushed under the bed. You pulled them out and handed them to Connor. "Thank you Y/N," he said trying to hold back his pain. The two of you headed down the stairs to the kitchen and began to make breakfast. When the two of you finished eating you took both your dishes and cleaned them. Connor headed upstairs to get changed while you had finished cleaning the dishes. You looked at the clock which read 12:15. You had 45 minutes to get ready and to the arena.

Connor came back downstairs in his Edmonton t-shirt and shorts, holding a pair of clothes in his hand. "Here these should fit you," he said handing you the clothes. You headed to the washroom to change into the clothes Connor gave you. As you were opening the door, you heard a loud noise. You ran to the living room where you found that Connor had tripped over a cord and broken on of his lamps. You told Connor to sit down that you would clean it up. You quickly picked up all the pieces before the two of you left.

You got to your car and you helped Connor into the passenger seat before putting his crutches in the backseat and getting into the driver's seat. On the way to the arena, the two of you mostly talked about last night's game. When you got to the arena, you grabbed Connor's crutches and helped Connor out of the car. "Thanks Y/N, I really appreciate your help. Also it was nice having someone else around my apartment last night." You began to smile and Connor continued to talk. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really like you like a lot and I know we haven't really gone out yet but I kind of wanted to know if you would be my girlfriend."