Chapter 11

Today was the day. The day that the team was leaving for their two week road trip.  You and Connor had taken separate vehicles to the arena this morning and Connor sat with Taylor on the bus ride to the airport, all the while you were sitting with one of the other trainers. Once you guys arrived at the airport you knew that there was no way you would be able to sit with Connor on the plane as they separated the players from the staff.

The plane ride was not as long as you expected and before you knew it the plane was landing in Toronto. Once off the plane, the guys head to their hotel but you stick around to help the equipment managers with the cases of equipment and supplies at the Air Canada Centre. You were in awe as you took in the surrounding of a new arena. This was really happening, you were traveling with the team as part of their regular training staff, something you thought you would only dream of.

When everything that needed to be done was finished at the arena, you headed to the hotel to check in. Being as you were the only female staff member that travels with the team, you had you own room. You had received a suite with a king sized bed and a living room. When you got to your room all you wanted to do was relax, so you decided to change into a pair of PJ shorts and an Oilers tank top.

You had just laid down in your bed when you heard the guys acting like children in the hallway followed by a knock at your door

You had just laid down in your bed when you heard the guys acting like children in the hallway followed by a knock at your door. You let out a groan, really not wanting to get up. After a few more knocks and some yelling you got out of bed and answered the door.  As you opened the door, a bunch of the guys barged into your room but Connor was still standing at the door.

"Hey Y/N, how are you?"

"Hey Connor, I'm good just a little tired that's all."

"Oh well I'm sorry about the guys, they heard that you had a suite and didn't think that you would mind them all hanging out here," he said trying to hold back a laugh.

"Don't apologize it's not your fault."

Connor finally came in and you went back to trying to relax. You decided to lay down in bed again until someone jumped onto your bed. You opened your eyes realizing that it was Taylor.

"How are you able to sleep with all this noise," he said.

"I'm not. I just thought closing my eyes would help."

"Well if you wanted some sleep, you can stay in my room. It's room 497. I'm rooming with Connor so I know he won't mind you being in there and I will make sure that the guys won't destroy your room and it will be clean when you wake up in the morning."

"That would be great thank you Taylor, thank you." You gave him a hug and he handed you his key card. 

You headed down the hall to his room. When you got into the room the guys had their stuff lying on the bed. You decided to clean off Connor's bed and sleep there. A few minutes after you had laid down you heard the door unlock follow by some quiet footsteps. The bed dipped and a pair of arms wrapped around you torso. You inhaled deeply, smelling Connor's cologne. You nuzzled yourself back into Connor.

"Oh you're still awake. I was looking for you until Taylor said that he had given our room key so that you could get some rest." You spun around and Connor kissed you softly. "I love you, Y/N."

" I love you too, Connor."

The two of you laid there in each others arms until you fell asleep. When you woke up the next morning, you were still in Connor's arms with him kissing your neck. "Oh good you're up."

"Yeah, well it was nice waking up to neck kisses." He kissed your neck a few more times.

"Yeah well I couldn't look at you in these pajamas any longer and not kiss you." He drew patterns on your back as he placed more soft kisses on your lips. "I hate to say this but we should probably go wake up Taylor," Connor said breaking from the kiss.

"Yeah we probably should," you said.

The two of you got up and headed to your room. Connor knocked on the door. You heard some shuffling on the other side of the door. The door opened and Jordan was standing on the other side. "Jordan what are you doing in my room."

"I was helping Taylor clean up and I fell asleep on the couch. I didn't think you would mind."

"Jordan, I don't mind. I was just  curious."

You walked into your room and notice that it was clean. Taylor had even put all you stuff neatly in the closet.

"You put all my stuff in the closet."

"Yeah, I figure you wouldn't want all the guys touching it, so after you left I put it all away."

"Thank you,Taylor. I appreciate you doing all this."

"Well it wouldn't be fair for you to deal with it when you didn't even make the mess. So how'd you sleep?"

"I slept really well. I feel so much better actually being able to get some sleep. I have been so worried about this trip lately that I haven't been sleeping well."

"Well I'm glad to hear you actually got some rest," he said with a smirk.