Chapter 7

You stood there in shock at what he had just said. You knew that he liked you but you didn't think you would have to deal with it this early in the season. "Connor, I would love to say yes but it would be unprofessional and I'm sure it's against my contract."

"Y/N, I wouldn't want you to lose your job or anything but I can't fight these feelings any longer. I have tried since the day I met you."

"Connor I just can't answer this right now. I'm sorry."

"No worries Y/N, take your time. I just wanted you to know how I feel."

"Thank you for understanding, Connor."

You gave him a hug and he kissed you on the cheek. The two of you headed into the building. You headed to the coaches office and Connor headed to the trainer's room where you would meet him again after checking in with Mr. McLellan. As you walked to the office, you heard a lot of rushed chatter. You knocked on the door, hearing a faint "come in." Mr. McLellan was on the phone. "One second, Miss Y/L/N." You sat down and waited for the call to end. "Sorry Miss Y/L/N, that was our AHL team, the Bakersfield Condors. I will be bringing in a few players for tomorrow's game. So how are the guys?"

"Connor's ankle is in fact broken from the slash. Taylor is doing much better but there was signs of a possible concussion. The rest of the guys are all fine, they just needed a few stitches."

"That's good to hear. I mean not about Connor and Taylor but I thought it was going to be a lot worst."

"Yeah, last night was insane."

"Thanks again for driving the guys to the hospital."

"No problem, well I better get back downstairs. The guys are waiting."

You both headed downstairs. The guys began to get ready for practice and you began to help rehab some of the minor injuries. Connor sat on one of the tables watching you. You had never had anyone look at you the way he did. You were in love with Connor Mcdavid. You had finished with all the guys and they headed out to the ice. You walked over to Connor who was still staring at you. "Okay Connor, ready to go workout," you said.

He wasn't allowed to walk or put any weight on his foot for a few weeks so coach would have him in the weight room during practices working on his upper body strength. "Yes I am," he replied.

You had decided that tell Connor about your feelings. "So Connor I was thinking about what you said earlier."

A giant smile formed on his face and he put his hands around you waist and pulled you closer so that you were standing between his legs. "And..." he said.

"And I feel that it would be okay for us to date as long as no one finds out and we keep it professional when we are at the rink."

"Deal," he said, pulling you into a kiss.

The two of you headed to the team's gym and you evaluated exactly what Connor would be able to do. The entire time you couldn't take your mind off the fact that you were now dating Connor Mcdavid. You sure were in for a hell of a ride this season.