Chapter 9

Connor's physiotherapy was going very really well at this rate he would be back on the ice soon. Between therapy and hanging out, the two of you have spent almost every minute of every day together. It was surprising that the two of you hadn't gotten sick of each other yet. The times where Taylor hung out with the two of you was a little bit of a relief from seeming dependent on each other.

A week had past and Connor was ready to get back on the ice. He would still have to do therapy and check in with you but he was excited to be able to put his skates on again. Today was his first day back, so you were given the task of staying after practice and helping Connor. Connor got dressed in all his equipment as the guys were preparing to leave. You laced up your skates and headed out on the ice. Connor followed shortly after, he began with a gentle skate. Everything seemed to go well so he kept pushing himself.

"Connor, I know you haven't been on the ice on a while but you need to take it easy."

"Y/N, I know what I'm doing. I don't need you to tell me what to do," he lashed out at you.

"Okay fine but if you get hurt again, don't say that I didn't warn you."

"God Y/N, seriously you need to stop. Some times you treat me like a child. I'm not a child. I can handle myself."

You skated away and headed to get changed without saying another word. Maybe the two of you just needed a little space. You let the coach know that Connor was on the ice by himself before you headed home. You put your stuff down in your room before heading to take a shower, hoping that you could clear you mine of the events that just happened at the arena. Unfortunately for you, you would have to see him again tomorrow.

The following day when you got to the rink you had noticed that Connor's car was already there. Which was weird because he didn't need to be here for at least another few hours. You headed to the trainer's room to finish filing out some papers. You were the first trainer here. While walking down the hall, you could hear some one out on the ice. it was probably Connor again. When you went to open the door there was a loud sound coming from the ice followed by some groaning. It sounded as if someone had hit the boards. You made your way down the tunnel to see Connor lying on the ice. You walked out onto the ice with no real sense of urgency.

"Hey Connor, you okay."

"No, not really."

You walked a little faster across the ice and kneeling next to Connor. "What hurts?"

Connor brought his hand up to his heart.

"Is it your chest," you said seeming brutally serious.

Connor pulled you down to the ice and into his arms, giving you a kiss on the forehead. "Y/N, I was an idiot. I should have never screamed at you yesterday. I know you were just trying to help me and I truly appreciate that you care so much. I was just frustrated yesterday. I wanted to be able to skate faster and prove that I could practice with the guys today..."

You shut him up by kissing him. "Connor, no worries. I was an athlete too, I get being frustrated because you can't play and that's why I walked away yesterday. Whenever I was that frustrated, all I really wanted was too be alone so that I could recollect my thoughts."

"You know you are the best right. You really understand."

The two of you got up and headed off the ice. Connor suffered no further injuries from the crash into the boards. Practice was not for another hour so Connor took off the top half of his equipment. You finished filing out the forms you came in to do and then sat on Connor's lap while he looked through his social media on his phone. He took a picture of the two of you and set it as his wallpaper.

" I may not be able to post it but I figured that having it as my wallpaper couldn't hurt too much."

You gave him a kiss before Connor headed to Cut some sticks and deal with the rest of his equipment issues before practice. The Oiler were leaving on a two week road trip in a few days and it was yet to be decided weather or not Connor would play but he wanted to be prepared.

You headed back to the trainer's room. Coach walked in a few minutes later.

"Y/N, I got some good news. Now I know you weren't expecting to travel with the team but you have done such a good job with rehabbing Connor that we would like for you to come on our road trip in a few days. "

" That sounds great. "

"Perfect don't forget that it's two weeks long. So be prepared."

" I will.Thank you sir."