Chapter 12

The guys had a morning skate which meant that you could dressed a little more laid back than normal. You wore you oilers leggings, vintage oilers hoodie and a pair of blue Nikes. You put your hair up in a messy bun.

The morning skate was slow. There was no new injuries and none of the players needed therapy. Which you were happy about but it meant that you had nothing to do. You watched as the guys as they ran through drill after drill until coach finally let them off early. The guys headed to the dressing room to change and you went through everything for tonight.

When you all got back to the hotel they had set up some food in one of the conference rooms for the guys. After they had eaten, you decided that you would grab something to eat. The guys headed back to there room for their pre game nap.  Once you were finished eating you headed back to your room. As you got out of the elevator, you received a text message from Connor.

Connor: Can't sleep. Can I come over?

You: How is that going to help you sleep?

Connor: Because having you in my arm calms me down and I sleep better knowing that you're there.

You: Fine, I'm just getting off the elevator.

Connor: Thank you. See you soon.

A few minutes later there was a knock at your door. You let Connor in making sure to close the door behind him. Connor was holding a small black box in his hand. He opened it to reveal a beautiful diamond oilers necklace. He put the necklace around you neck before he picked you up and carried you to the bedroom. He placed you down on the bed before climbing under the covers with you. You watched as Connor fell asleep as you drew patterns on his chest.

After a few hours, you woke Connor from his nap so that he could go get changed for the game. Once Connor had left to go get changed, you got changed as well. you put on one of your game day outfits and put your hair up in a nice ponytail. After getting changed you finished packing your bags because after the game tonight, the team would ne heading to New Jersey to face the Devils.

 After getting changed you finished packing your bags because after the game tonight, the team would ne heading to New Jersey to face the Devils

The game had been back and forth all night but the Oilers ended up with the win over Toronto. Connor with the game winning goal. After the game, all the guys grabbed some snacks before getting on the bus. They would be receiving dinner on the plane tonight. You grabbed one as well and made you way onto the bus. You ended up sitting in front of Taylor and Connor. The two of them did not stop bugging you the entire ride to the airport.

Once on the plane, you grabbed your normal seat and made yourself comfort. Thankfully you were able to get some sleep on the flight without Connor and Taylor to bug you. Once the plane landed in New Jersey, you got off the plane and the fun started all over again in a new city.