Chapter 8

* A weeks later*

You were woken up by Connor trailing kisses down your neck.
"Hey babe, let's go out for breakfast," he whispered in your ear. You love when he whispered in his sexy, husky morning voice.

"I'd love to but we can't remember, we can't be seen together especially out in public. I'm sorry."

"No you're right. I am just so excited that your my girlfriend and I want everyone to know."

"But no one can ever know we are together."

"Well then maybe I can grab some food and we can enjoy it here."

"Or I can grab it because you're in a cast," you said as you got dressed.

"Good point. See you soon."

You grabbed Connor's keys and headed to the cute little cafe down the street. You pick up a coffee for Connor, a tea for yourself, two breakfast sandwiches and two croissants. Then headed back to the apartment.

You opened the door to Connor's apartment to find Taylor sitting on the couch with Connor. You stood there for a moment in shock.

"Hey Taylor, what's up."

"Not much Y/N, how about you."

"Nothing much just bring Connor some breakfast considering he can't really get it himself."

"So are you guys together now?" Taylor said. You hesitated looking at Connor. Taylor laughed before saying, "don't worry Y/N. I'm not going to tell anyone."

"Connor you told him," you said not to impressed.

"Y/N, Connor didn't tell me anything. I was there when the two of you first met. I saw that you guys were totally into each other.  I would be surprised if the two of you weren't together by now."

The next five weeks were fairly routine and quiet. Minor injuries here and there but nothing to serious. Taylor was back on the ice already and today was the day that Connor gets his cast off. The guys had the day off so you were driving Connor to his appointment.

"Connor, now that the cast is coming off. Are you ready to start rehab?" you asked him as he gets into your car.

He leans over the center console giving you a kiss. "Of course I am. I can't wait to get back on the ice."

The two of you continued to talk while you drove Connor to his appointment at the hospital. When you got there the doctor was already ready for Connor. He took off the cast and began to give Connor instructions on care for the next few weeks. You sat in on the appointment so that you could give coach an update.
"So Connor, the bone has healed but it is going to be at least two more weeks until you can get on the ice, Ok. In two weeks we will see if you are capable of being back on the ice. You will need to begin therapy and continue with it for at least a month. I'm sure you have a physiotherapist on staff that can help you with this correct."

Connor sat there in silence. He was trying to retain that he still couldn't go on the ice for another two weeks. This would mean that he would have missed an entire two monthes of his season. To make matters worst Connor has missed the majority of his past two seasons because of injuries, he had broken his hand in his draft year with Erie two years back. Then last year in his first year in the NHL and he suffered a broken collarbone early in the season, only playing 49 games.