The Knight Bus

Jade's POV
Chapter 5 : Year 3

Harry and I were finding our own way to Hogwarts. The only way was to walk into London to the Leaky Cauldron. I was the first to bring my not-so-heavy trunk down. Harry brought his trunk down but was stopped by his Uncle Vernon.

"You bring her back! You bring her back, now! You put her right!" He yelled in his face.
"No. She deserved what she got," Harry said. Vernon was out to grab him but Harry's wand stopped him.

"Stay away from me," He said bluntly and backed towards me and the door.
"You aren't allowed to use magic out of school," Vernon said backing towards his son and wife.
"Yeah? Try me," Harry said. SASS!
"You got know where to go," he said eyeing me especially.
"We don't care. And if I do say so myself, anywhere is better than here," I said and walked out of the door. Harry rushed behind me. He had to hurry a bit to catch the same pace as me.

"That was pretty brave of you back there," I said to Harry, looking straight ahead.
"I feel like that everyday with the Dursley's," he said. I could see him looking at me from the corner of my eye. I turned to face him and he looked away. I just smiled to myself.

I just went and sat on the pavement. I mean, come on, I'm tired and I'm cold and Harry looked the same. Harry put his trunk down and sat next to me. A cold breeze blew towards us. I shivered and Harry wrapped an arm around my shoulder, bringing me into his side. I instantly felt warmer. Little butterflies appeared in my tummy. I rested my head on Harry's shoulder and his head went on top of mine.

The swings started to move behind me, which kind of freaked me out since there wasn't really a wind. I turned around at the same time as Harry and the roundabout moved around and the see-saw flipped to the other side.

"What the...?" Harry gasped, but before he could say anything else a bush rustled in front of us. I shot forward and a black dog walked out of it. Normally, I love dogs but this one didn't seem that friendly or cute. I slowly stood up with Harry by my side. It barked, which slightly startled me, and Harry took his wand out and stood in front of me, protecting me.

Suddenly, a horn beeped and a bright blue triple-decker-bus appeared in front of us. The bus managed to pull us back on the pavement. I admired the bus as a man walked out.

"Welcome to the Knight Bus," He greeted, reading off a piece of paper, "Emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor this evening." He put the piece of paper on his pocket and looked down at us.

"What you doin' down there?" He asked.
"We fell over," Harry said, looking at himself.
"What you fell over for?" He asked again.
"We didn't do it on purpose," I said, standing up.
"Well come on then! Let's not wait for the grass to grow!" He said, rather impatiently. Harry and I looked to the side of the bus, where that dog was. It was gone. Good!

"What you lookin' at?" Stan asked, looking in the direction we are in. Does this guy never stop asking questions?!
"Nothing," Harry said for us.
"Well come in then! In!" I went to go get my trunk.
"No, I'll get these. In!" He said. I hopped on the bus and looked around it. Instead of a normal muggle bus, there were beds, 3 floors, a chandelier and windows with no ads on. I awkwardly sat on a bed and Harry sat anext to me.

"Take her away, Ern," Stan said, knocking on the glass.
"Yeah, take her away, Ernie!" A little head said in a Jamaican accent," Fasten your seatbelts, clench your buttocks. It's gonna be a bumpy ride!"

It sure freaking was. The driver doesn't know how to drive but at the same time I guess he does.
"What did you say your names were again?" Stan said, pointing at us.
"We didn't," Harry said, trying to sit up probably.
"Well, whereabouts are you 'eadin'?"
"The Leaky Cauldron. That's in London." I said.
"Did you hear that Ern? The Leaky Cauldron, that's in London?" He laughed.
"The Leaky Cauldron? If you have the pea soup, make sure you eat it before it eats you." The head laughed to himself.