The Goblet Of Fire

Harry's POV

Chapter 11 : Year 4

Once we were all settled in, Dumbledore stood up to say his start-of-year speech to the whole school.

I was sat down next to Jade and Ron with Hermione opposite us like how we would normally sit at the beginning of the year.

"Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard Tournament. For those who do not know, The Triwizard Tournament brings together 3 school to for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student will be selected to compete. Now let me make this clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint hearted. But more of that later. Now, would you please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons academy."

The doors opened to reveal a bunch of attractive teenage girls. They aaah towards the boys and the girls didn't seem that impressed.

"Bloody hell," I heard Ron mutter since he was looking at their... behinds.

Sure, they were pretty but not as pretty as Jade. She was smiling and reacting differently to the other girls.

"You see that girl?" She pointed out to me a teenage girl with blonde curly hair.

"Yeah."

"She's my cousin, Rochelle Blanc," Jade smiled in a posh accent. That's why she was clapping more. I smiled down at her.

God, she looks brilliant. Harry, stop stop fan girling!

Then a very very tall woman walked along. She must be Madam Maxine.

"Blimey, that's one big woman," Seamus mumbled and I smiled.

Once the Beauxbatons finished there entrance, the hall burst into clapping. Most of the boys were on their feet, whistling and clapping loudly and most of the girls were clapping quietly or not even clapping at all. Jade clapped happily along earning curious looks from Hermione and the other girls.

"And now our friends from the north, please welcome the proud sons of Drumstrang and their high master, Igor Kararoff."

They entered through with large stick things, bagging them on the floor before running off making us all gasp. They blew fire and a dragon swooped out.

"Blimey, it's him. Viktor Krum!" Ron gasped, fan girling.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody."

"Alastor Moody? The auror?" Hermione stated.

"Auror?" Dean asked.

"Dark wizard catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are filled thanks to him," Ron whispered.

After he talked to Dumbledore, he had a sneaky little drink of ...something.

"What's that he's drinking do you suppose?" Jade asked.

"I don't know but it doesn't look like pumpkin juice," I answered.

We looked at him once more before carrying on listening to Bartimus Crouch.

"After due consideration, The Ministry of Magic has concluded that for your own safety students under the age of 17 will not be allowed to put forth their name into The Goblet of Fire."

"No that's not fair!"

"No!"

"That's rubbish!"

"Boo!"

"You don't know what you're doing!"

Fred and George made the most noise. They only needed to be 1 year older to enter the tournament.

"SILENCE!"

Dumbledore revealed the Goblet.

"The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves, will write their name upon a piece of parchment and and throw it into the cup at this hour on Thursday night. Not do so lightly. If chosen, they're no turning back. As from this moment the Tri-Wizard Tournament has begun."

The blue flame fluttered gracefully above the cup.

Jade's POV

Professor Moody's class was certainly a weird one. I mean to perform Unforgivable curses in a class full of early teenagers is just dangerous. You know, something could have gone terribly wrong.

Right now we are watching people put their names in The Goblet Of Fire.

"Come on, Ced, put it in!"

I looked up to see my cousin being pushed forward by his friend. He carefully put his name in and me and his friends clapped. Cedric smiled to me and I mouthed 'good luck'. I saw Ron trying to wave at him and me and Hermione rolled our eyes.

"Yesssssss!" Someone shouted. Fred and George came into the Hall. Probably done an Ageing Potion.

Yeah, that ain't working.

"It's not going to work!" I said in a sing-song kind of voice.

The twins sat either side of me.

"Oh yeah, and why's that, Dawson?" George asked.

"You see this? This is an Age Line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?"

"So?!" I asked shocked, "a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dim witted as an Ageing Potuon."

Jeez, I sound like Hermione. Oh god, I'VE CAUGHT THE DISEASE!!!!

"But that's why it's so brilliant!"
"Because it's so pathetically dimwitted."

"Try me!" I said, smirking.

The twins gave me a Ok-Watch-And-Learn look mixed with a You're-Gonna-Get-Proven-SO-Wrong look.

They hopped into the line and... Nothing happened. I still wasn't amused. People started to cheer and clap.

Oh, just wait for it.

"AAHHHHH!"

They flew forward landing roughly on the ground. They started to grow white hair and beards.

"You said!"
"You said!"

They started to fight on the floor. I walked up to them whilst everyone else was chanting for them to fight. Hermione, however, wasn't having any of it. She got a book and started to read it.

"Is this the right time for a 'I told you so?' " I asked, still smirking.

Suddenly, a Drumstrang walked in. Of course, Viktor Krum. He put his piece of parchment in and once he finished he flashed a smile to Hermione, who was sitting next to me. She blushed and smiled back. Once he walked off, I turned to her and smirked towards Hermione.

"I think someone likes Hermione Granger!" I sung.

"Shut up, Jade!" She gasped and I giggled.

Now all we have to do is wait for the 3 champions.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank-a-you for reading!
I love y'all so much!

Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes (I'm no expert!).

Vote

Comment

Add

Follow

Word Count: 1019

Thanks a bunch, peeps!
~ Ellie x