~Chapter 3~

POV: Miyuki
It's been a couple months since the first boss was defeated. I'm a solo player currently but I might end up joining a guild. It's also a possibility that I won't join a guild though. Right now I'm waiting at a restaurant to meet up with an old friend that I met after Kirito and I parted ways. She has medium length black hair, brown eyes, and is really nice. She's also a swordsman like me. "Hey Miyuki!!" I heard her shout from the door. "Hey Ari!" I shouted back and motioned for her to come sit down. "So, how's your guild, the Moonlit Black Cats?" I asked her. She joined them a month ago. "Good! We almost died but a guy named Kirito saved us and now he's in our guild!" Ari exclaimed. "K-Kirito? Is in a guild?" I stuttered. "You know him?" Ari was obviously confused. "Yeah..." I said. She then stood up from the table and grabbed my wrist. "What are you doing?!" I asked. Ari giggled and replied, "Taking you to see Kirito of course!" She was now smiling like an idiot. I could feel my face heating up and she smirked so I was probably blushing. "Ooo~ does someone have a crush on Kirito~~?" Ari asked in a sing-song voice. "N-N- SHUT UP!!!!" I shouted. She then dragged me to meet her guild. A few minutes later we were at a lake and there was a group sitting by it. "Hi guys!!" Ari shouted, drawing everyone's attention to us.  "Miyuki??" Asked a familiar voice as he stepped to the front of the group. I'd recognize that shaggy black hair and gleaming charcoal eyes anywhere. "Hey Kirito..." I said in a sweet voice. "You know her?" Asked a girl with short blue hair and blue armor to match. "Yeah..." he responded. "I thought you would never join a guild. Especially because of your le-" I started but was interrupted by Ari punching my arm. "Ow..." I said under my breath. Ari soon dragged me away. "What the actual heck was that about?!" I practically shout. "Kirito doesn't want anyone to know about his level!" Ari whisper-shouted. "Oh..." I said quietly. We then casually walked back and no one asked about what just happened. "Long time no see, Kirito." I say. "Same to you Miyuki..." he replies. "Oh, Miyuki! This is Sachi. And this is--" she started to introduce me but I got a message from my personal blacksmith that my new dagger was ready. "Oh, I gotta go. Message me if you need anything!" I said and ran off. I teleported to Lisbeth's shop and saw her talking to a girl with long chestnut hair and a Knights Of The Blood Oath uniform on. "Oh! Miyuki, you made it! This is my other friend, Asuna. Asuna, this is Miyuki!" Lis introduced us. 'Hmm... why does that name sound so familiar?' I thought, then shrugged it off. "Miyuki? Oh I remember you! From the first boss battle!" Asuna stated. "Oh yeah! THAT'S why your name sounded so familiar!" I exclaimed. Lisbeth giggled, followed by Asuna, then me as well. "So you told me my dagger is ready?" I asked. Lis nodded and went under the counter. When she came up she had a silver dagger with emeralds, sapphires, and amethysts engraved into the handle. "This is ... amazing..." I said, staring at the sparkling dagger. "Well, it is pretty awesome." Lis replied proudly. I hugged Lis and said my goodbyes to them. When I walked out the door, I realized it was getting late. So I decided to stay at an inn close-by for now.  As I was jogging, I ran into someone, causing me to tumble to the ground. "I'm sorry!" I said as I hopped up to my feet. As I saw his face I realized who it was. I'd recognize that scruffy face anywhere. "Wait... Klein?" I questioned. "Miyuki??" He asked. "Yeah?" We said in unison. "Long time no see!" I say. "You too! I see you still haven't joined a guild. Like being solo, eh?" He interrogated. "Yeah. But if I trust someone and they ask me to join a guild, I might think about it." I reply simply. "Hey, Miyuki? You planning on staying in town for the night?" He asked. 'Tons of questions. Typical Klein.' I thought to myself. "Yeah. Why do you ask?" I respond. "Well I was wondering if you wanted to get dinner or something." Klein said, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "Sure, why not?" I stated simply. "Let's go." He says. "Wait ... this is not a date Klein. Got it?" I assure him. Klein nods in response as we keep walking, side-by-side. I could hear murmurs around me. "Is that the Midnight Reaper?" "The Midnight Reaper! But whose that guy with her?" Etc. the guys glared at him as we walked by them. "Midnight Reaper, eh?" He asked as we sat down at the table. "It's because of my main weapon." I state simply. "Can I see it?" He asks, hope in his voice. I sigh and take it out. His jaw basically drops to the floor. "Th-that's your w-weapon?!" Klein stutters. I nod and put it away, then the waiter comes to take our orders.

{Time Skip to after dinner brought to you by the Nervegear!}

When we finished our dinners, we parted ways and I went to get a room at the close-by inn. I got a key and flopped on the bed in my room, un-equipping my armor first. 'This was an ... interesting day...' I thought to myself as I drifted off to sleep.

Word Count: 954