Chapter Seven

A few things about this.

I already have this planned out, so speculate all you want but I know what's going to happen.

This is Sterek/Steter. Just leaving that there.

It is also MPreg

This is a different story than what I've written before, and there is going to have angst. Not to come off as an ass, but if you don't like angst than I have a ton of other shit that's fluffy as fuck.

I'm going to try to finish this during the next couple of weeks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next few weeks pass for Stiles, slowly as he listens to his father and mother make his wedding plans, and his stomach hurts every time that he's with them. Stiles spends most of the time in his room, reading, and he hasn't been able to find Derek as much as he would like. He's been thinking of the kiss a lot lately, the one from Peter not the ones from Derek, and he huffs in frustration every time he gets caught on it. "Honestly, Stiles, stop. It wasn't that good of a kiss anyways." Stiles says, to himself and he looks up when he hears a knock on his door. "Enter." Stiles yells, shutting the book he was reading. "Father." Stiles says, coolly not really looking at his father. He doesn't want to talk to his father any more, they've never been close, but now Stiles can't even stand to be in the same room with him for any time longer than meals.

John walks into the room, at least he respects Stiles' privacy, and he hands a letter. "From Peter." John says, and Stiles takes it but he doesn't open it. "Did something happen between you two? Peter seemed to leave in a hurry." John says, and Stiles shakes his head. "You didn't upset him, did you? I know that you can be crass but you need to try to be kind to him." John says, his voice clenching like he's trying not to yell or get angry. Stiles seems to just make his father angry, and he looks around at him. John reaches for the piece of mail, and Stiles takes it away as casually as possible.

"Thank you, Father. I'll be sure to be down for lunch shortly." Stiles tells him, and John nods his head as he turns on his heels to leave him. Stiles sighs in relief as he opens the letter, his eyes skimming over it for the information in the letter, and he sighs. "Dear Stiles, I'm happy to say that I am home at the cottage that will soon be ours. Your father and I have decided that it would be best to be married before spring, so I am delighted to announce to you that we shall be in wed in a matter of weeks. I look forward to having you as my bride. Sincerely yours, Peter." Stiles reads out loud as he looks at the letter.

Stiles looks over it again, reading more information about it, and he frowns before he looks over at the ground. He feels his stomach hurting, it always does when he thinks about the wedding or Peter or his father, and he barely makes it before he gets sick in his chamber pot. Stiles empties his stomach with a soft whine, and when he's down he goes to clean himself up. He really doesn't want to go to dinner down, but he does since he knows that his father will come for him. Stiles walks down the hallway towards the dining room, and he sits down at the table as the servants pour him some wine. "Thank you." Stiles whispers to them, and they nod.

Claudia is the first one to the table, and she puts down some flowers at the table. "Stiles, darling. It's so nice to have you here for lunch." Claudia says, looking at him as she sits down at the table next to him. Stiles hums at the snide remark, he's used to, and he picks at his food. There seems to be something in the food that makes his stomach hurt, and he picks at it. "Honey, don't pick at your fish. It was caught this morning. The cook made it, you love it." She says, watching him. Stiles huffs as he takes a bite, and it takes everything in him not to spit it out. Claudia doesn't seem to think that anything is wrong, Stiles is glad, and he looks up when his father comes back to the room. "Darling." Stiles' mother says, happily.

"Claudia." John says to her, the corners of his lips twitching up in a smile. Stiles watches them, wondering why they're being so nice other, but that's not really his concern at the moment. "Did Peter tell you when the wedding was happening?" John asks him, and Stiles nods his head once as he looks at him. "Excellent. It's not too far away to Peter's home. Only a day or two ride." He adds on, and that's a little comfort to Stiles. If something happens to him he could just go home, he's sure that his father wouldn't welcome him back but his mother might. "Tomorrow, you're going to be fitted for your wedding attire." John says, and Stiles looks at him before nodding his head.

"Yes, Father. May I be excused? My stomach hurts." Stiles asks him, and John waves him away as he goes back to talking about the wedding. He seems more excited about it than Stiles does, he's not surprised since he's been trying to marry Stiles off for years since he was of age, and Stiles slinks away to go outside.

****

Stiles wonders through the woods, rubbing his stomach since it seems to stop hurt when he does, and he walks towards the horses. He wants to go for a ride, but he really wants to see if Derek is there. "Derek? Stable boy?" Stiles calls, looking around for him with a shy smile. He wants to make things right with Derek, or at the least make sure that he doesn't hate him anymore. He doesn't see Derek and skids to a stop when he sees a different boy. "Oh, hello. Where is Derek?" Stiles asks him, and the boy shrugs. He's younger than Stiles, only fifteen or sixteen at the most, and Stiles sighs to himself. "Who are you?" Stiles asks, going to sit on the railing since he doesn't want to go back.

The boy looks at him as he continues cleaning before he seems to think that this is odd, but he has to still work. "I'm Liam. Lord Stilinski hired me to clean the stables while the other man is away." He says, and Stiles frowns again. "Are you Stiles? The son?" Liam questions him, and Stiles sighs as he nods his head. "It's nice to meet you. Derek said that you might come here and ride. He said not to let you talk too much since you lie." Liam adds on, and Stiles snorts but that hurts. He can't believe that Derek would tell a stranger that, and he crosses his legs.

"He probably thought that I'm going to seduce you." Stiles laughs, and Liam narrows his eyes at him. "Relax. You're a little young for me. My fiancé is twice my age. I like them older." Stiles jokes, his lips twitching but it doesn't reach his eyes. Liam seems to know that it's not a joke, and he leans against his shovel as he watches him.

"You don't seem to think that's it's that funny." Liam observes, and Stiles shrugs. He doesn't care about it. "Does he love someone else? Or do you?" Liam questions, not seeming to care that it's a very personal question. Stiles gives him a look, a part of him wants to say that it's none of his business but who else would he talk to about it, and he sighs as he thinks about his answer.

"I don't know what love is, Liam. I couldn't tell you if Peter loved someone else, it would be fine if he did I'm sure there's not a husband anywhere that's faithful to only his spouse." Stiles says, and Liam nods his head as if he understands. He can't understand, Stiles thinks, he's far too young and native. "But there is another." Stiles finds himself saying, and he regrets it since he doesn't want anyone to know about Derek. Liam doesn't seem shocked by this information, nor does he seem to be judging him, and Stiles smiles at him as he runs his hand through his hair. "But I don't want to talk about it." Stiles added on, and Liam nods his head.

"You don't have too if you don't want too." Liam says, looking at him as he goes back to work in the stables. Stiles watches him, he doesn't do the job as well as Derek would but Liam is a child to him and Derek is a man, and Liam doesn't seem to mind that he's being watched. "Maybe you should talk to your father? He might not make you get married. I mean it's not like your family needs the money that bad." Liam says, and Stiles snorts.

"You obviously do not know my father that much." Stiles says to him, giving him a grin as he stands up to walk around the stable. "I'd rather sit in a manure smelling stable than have lunch with him." Stiles says, unashamed of it. Liam seems surprised by this, maybe he likes his family Stiles thinks, and Stiles sighs sadly as he listens to the birds make noise. "You have work to do, Liam. I should leave you." Stiles adds on, and Liam nods his head.

"Your secret is safe with me." Liam says, and Stiles raises an eyebrow since he's not sure that he revealed anything but he wouldn't have been surprised since secrets don't stay secrets for long.