Chapter Nine

"What do you mean that someone saw us?" Stiles asks him, looking at him as he tries to put his clothes back right. "Who?" Stiles asks him, knowing that it's unlikely that Derek managed to see who it was. "It couldn't have been Peter, right?" Stiles asks him, sighing some as he shakes his head. Derek shrugs his shoulders, of course he does this means nothing to him, and Stiles huffs in frustration before he turns to walk back towards the house with a soft sigh.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure it was a maid or something. They probably just saw me, and not you." Derek tells him, trying to make it better. "I'm going to go back to the stables. I hope that you'll come see me later?" Derek tells him, and Stiles sighs as he nods his head while he goes to house. He can't stay mad at Derek, even with his attitude, and he smiles at him before they part.

****

Stiles walks into the house as he turns his head when he hears the sound of someone walking towards him, and he sighs when he sees a maid. "Master Peter wants to speak to you." She tells him, and Stiles sighs as he nods his head before walking towards his fiancé's room to speak to him. He knows that he knows, he feels it deep in his stomach in fear as he keeps to himself, and he knocks softly on the door.

"Peter? You wished to speak to me?" Stiles asks him, and he shuts the door to his room. Peter is staring out the window, not really answering him, and he sighs to himself as he sits down on his bed. He can tell that something is wrong with Peter, he's unsure if he's angry or just annoyed or any emotion, and he wishes that Peter would turn around. There's a piece of him that wishes that Peter would call off the wedding, Stiles doesn't care that it means that he'll have to go home to his father and face him, and he licks his lips while he crosses his legs. "Peter." Stiles says, again softly but Peter holds his hand up to stop him from talking.

"Stiles, did you know where I was this morning?" Peter asks him, his tone soft and strange. Stiles licks his lips as he watches him, leaning away from him, and he sighs as he shakes his head.

"No, my Lord. Where were you?" Stiles asks him. Peter turns to look at him once before he goes back to looking outside, and Stiles wonders if he's going to make Stiles tell him where he was. "Peter." Stiles sighs, cautiously.

"I was in the woods. Chasing after you, and I saw you with my nephew." Peter tells him, and Stiles flinches as he looks at him. "What do you have to say to that? I knew that you had met him before." Peter tells him, and Stiles sighs as he nods his head. "You're making me look like a fool." Peter says, and Stiles nods his head with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, Peter. I didn't mean too. I met him before I met you, and it just happened." Stiles says, and Peter looks at him without expression. "Peter. I don't know what you want me to say to you. What do you want me to tell you?" Stiles asks him, desperately. He doesn't want Peter to hate him, but he doesn't want to admit to him that he knew that he was going to get married before fooling around with Derek.

"If I asked you to stop seeing him would you?" Peter asks him, and Stiles licks his lips as he looks down at his hands. "Don't answer. You've already told me enough." Peter says, and Stiles flinches internally. "You're a brat, Stiles. Pure and simple." Peter says, and Stiles snorts as he looks at him.

"You think I don't know that? I know I am. I'm selfish." Stiles agrees, looking at him while he watches him move around the room. "I'm sorry, Peter. I didn't do this to hurt you." Stiles tells him, and Peter snorts as he shakes his head. "Honestly, Peter. I didn't mean to hurt you, please believe me when I say that. Derek and I. It just happened. I never meant to start this affair. I thought that you were going to be this gross old man that make me throw up when you touched me. I certainly didn't think that you two would be related. Derek didn't tell me his last name." Stiles says, feeling more childish that he's trying to blame this on Derek but he knows that it's his fault.

"Stop trying to blame everyone else for this. You fucked him." Peter tells him, and Stiles looks down. "You're a child. I never should have agreed to this." Peter sighs, and Stiles shrugs. "You think that you're the only one that loves someone else? That you're the only one that's giving something up for this marriage?" Peter asks him. "You know nothing of the world, Stiles." Peter says, and Stiles licks his lips.

"I'm sorry, Peter. This wasn't my choice." Stiles says, and Peter sighs. "Please believe that I never meant to hurt you or Derek." Stiles begs him, and Peter nods his head as he looks at him. "I'm going to go." Stiles says, standing up to leave.

"You need to find your mother. She's looking for you. Something about the wedding." Peter sighs, and Stiles nods his head. Peter turns his head before he kisses the side of Stiles' mouth before he leaves.