Chapter Eighteen

Last chapter before epilogue 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stiles flees to his room, and he looks around before he feels the sudden urge to run. He no longer has a father to please, and Stiles looks at his daughter before he puts her down in her crib as he throws a bag down on the bed. He throws Snow's toys into the bag, along with all of the clothes that she has so far, and he throws a few of his things along with it. Stiles looks around the room before he takes a few more things before he's holding the bag, and he scoops up Snow. He walks down the barren hallway, and he moves to knock on the door but he hears the sound of Peter's laughter followed by Chris's. Stiles smiles to himself as he runs down the hallway towards the barn, and he walks into the small room that Derek has.

"Stiles?" Derek says, standing up from where he was reading. Stiles looks at him before he marches over, and he kisses him deeply. Derek makes a soft noise as he kisses him back, Snow makes a noise at being squished in between them, and Derek looks at him and his bag. "Where are you going?" Derek asks him, and Stiles looks at him. Stiles doesn't feel an ounce of regret as he looks at him, and he smiles at him as he puts Snow higher up on his hip.

"I'm leaving, Derek. I don't love Peter. I never loved him more than a friend. He is dear friend. I love you, Derek. I love you so much. I am so sorry that I never told you that." Stiles tells him, looking at him. Derek looks at him as his mouth opens a little in surprise, and he looks at him. "Come with us. Come with me and Snow." Stiles begs him, looking at him. He doesn't care anymore; he doesn't care if he has to beg or plead or do whatever Derek wants him to do. He just needs Derek to come with him. "I don't care where we go, Derek. I don't care just come with me." Stiles says, and Derek nods his head.

"Yes. I'll go with you." Derek tells him, nodding his head as he reaches for something under the cot that he has in his small room. Stiles doesn't watch what he grabs, and he climbs onto his horse with Snow safely in his arms. Derek smiles at him as he climbs onto the horse behind him, kissing Stiles' throat gently, and kicks the side of the horse to make him run. "I love you." Derek tells him, leading the horse towards the woods.

****

Peter sits in his office, humming softly under his breath, and he turns his head when a servant knocks on the door. "Enter." Peter says, seeing a young man poke his head into the door.

"This came for you, sir." He says, handing him a letter. Peter snatches the letter away when he recognizes Stiles' handwriting. The servant bows before leaving, and Peter rips open the letter that's in two parts. He doesn't pay attention to second page as he reads the letter.

My dearest Peter,

I hope that letter finds you well, it may take some time to get to you since Derek and I had to go to the nearest village to mail it. I am sorry that I ran off without saying goodbye, and without letting you say goodbye to Snow. I'm sure that you know that Derek is with me. I think that you knew that it would happen. I don't know what happened. I just suddenly realized that I hated my father, and I didn't care about him anymore. I'm sorry that I was a bad husband. I know that you only got married to have an heir, and we know that Snow isn't yours. She loves you, though. I never wanted to hurt you, to make you love me then break your heart. We both know that your heart belonged to another, not me. You didn't hurt me when I found you with Chris, so please do not feel guilty about it.

I'm sure that the doe eyed girl is yours. How could she not be with a smile like that? I want you to know that I do love you, but not as you love Chris. I would love to know how you two met? Derek tells me that he was a servant. I'm sure that Derek's mother didn't approve of it. I am sorry that you weren't allowed to marry the one you loved. But please know that you have my blessing to marry Chris.

I hope that you come to see us. Just take a horse, and run it until it gets tired. That's how we got here. It's the middle of nowhere. It's wonderful. Even now, sleeping on the ground. I didn't take anything of yours, I don't want your money, but Derek had some that he earned.

I think that I always loved Derek. I'm sorry that I tricked you to make you think that Snow was yours. That was wrong of me. I didn't want you to leave me alone to raise Snow. I don't think that you would have done that to me, but I was a fool still under my father's control. I purposefully got you drunk to fool you, and I am so sorry.

I've enclosed some annulment papers, after all we never consummated the marriage. I'm sure that there is a man out there for you to marry that will love you like you deserve. You are a good man, Peter Hale. If life was different, if Derek wasn't the love of my life, I would love you. But life isn't different. It's cruel and unfair, or so I thought. Derek is making me think differently now. Snow is too.

Please come see us when you can.

Your friend,

Stiles.

Peter reads over the note before he turns his head towards the other papers, and he unravels the annulment papers before rereading the note.

Peter smiles to himself as he signs his name besides Stiles'.