Chapter Seventeen

Stiles sighs under his breath as he looks out of the window to see his father's carriage pulling up towards the manor, and he doesn't see Derek out there. Peter pats his shoulder once, pressing a kiss to Snow's head on the way out, and Stiles stays in his room. He thinks that he can wait this out, how long can his father stay he thinks, and he turns his head to watch his father climb out of his carriage and bark orders at the young stable boy that Derek had been training. He doesn't see his mother, he didn't expect too after the harsh words he shared with her a year ago at his wedding, and he leans down to kiss Snow's cheek. Snow makes a soft noise back to him, mimic his tone and voice, and she smiles at him.

"My sweet girl." Stiles coos, kissing her nose before he sits down on the floor with her to let her play with her toys and stuffed animals. Derek made her some toys, little wooden dolls that she loves, and Stiles made her stuffed dolls. They're not the best, the maids are teaching him to sew and mend, but she loves them just the same. "I love you, Snow." Stiles tells her, and she yells at him in answer. Stiles smiles as she rolls over onto her back, and she makes a face before whining when she can't roll back over. "Don't fuss, lovely." Stiles says, picking her up.

"Naa." Snow mumbles, not making a word or really just a sound. Stiles smiles as he goes to feed her before he has to go see his father, this can be his excuse, and he rubs her back as she drinks. Stiles turns his head when he hears a knock on the door, breathing out when he sees that it's Peter, and he waves him in.

"John wants to see you. I can tell you're busy, but he's not leaving without speaking to you." Peter tells him, running his knuckles down Snow's back. Stiles sighs in annoyance as he looks at him, and he nods his head before he looks at him. "He can't believe he's a grandfather, but he's disappointed that it's a girl." Peter says, frowning deeply. Stiles looks at him before he kisses his cheek, and he smiles sadly at him.

"She is beautiful. She has your eyes." Stiles says, not talking about Snow. Peter looks at him a bit speechless before he looks down, but there's a pleased smile on his face. Stiles smiles at him as he goes to check out his reflection before he sighs again. "The sooner I do this, the better. I can't just keep hiding for forever." Stiles says, and Peter looks at him.

"If he hits you, just leave. I won't have my spouse being touched in my house." Peter tells him, and Stiles smiles as he nods his head. He doesn't think that his father would do that, but he wouldn't say that John wouldn't hit him. Peter kisses his cheek before he leaves, most likely to go spend time with Chris, and Stiles puts Snow on his hip as he walks towards the parlor.

"Father." Stiles says, to gain his father's attention. John looks older now, the year hasn't been good to him, but Stiles thinks that his father is thinking the same about him. Snow doesn't like stranger, she only likes Stiles, Derek, and Peter at the moment along with the cook and she's warming up to Chris, and she hides her face in Stiles' chest. "You look well." Stiles lies, unsure of what else to say to him. John scoffs, clearly not believing him, and he looks at his granddaughter.

"Stiles. You look well. The weight you've put on suits you." John says, and Stiles rolls his eyes when his back is turned. "I'm sorry that your mother isn't here. She doesn't want to see you after the harsh words you spoke to her." John says, and Stiles sighs. "You had no right to speak to her like that." John says. "You will write her a letter of apology that I will take back to her." He says, and Stiles finds himself almost nodding his head before he stops.

"No." Stiles says, looking at him. John looks at him with an eyebrow raised, and Stiles shakes his head. "No, I will not. I meant what I said." Stiles says, bouncing Snow in his arms. "I am not a child anymore. I will make my own choices, and I chose to say those things to her. She hit me. You hit me. I don't want anything to do her or you." Stiles says, and John looks at him. Stiles can see that he's making him angry, the vein in his neck is poking out, and he clears his throat.

"What is her name?" John clenches out, gesturing towards Stiles' little girl. Stiles almost doesn't want to tell him, but he sighs as he pats Snow's bottom.

"Her name is Snow Hale." Stiles tells him, and John scoffs.

"What kind of name is Snow? It is a foolish name. She'll grow up to be immature." John says, and Stiles narrows his eyes at him.

"I had her in the snow in the woods. Her name is Snow. She is beautiful, and she is mine." Stiles says, looking at him. His patience is wearing thin with his father, and he holds her to his chest to calm himself. John scoffs again as he looks at him, and he sips his water with a look at him.

"You'll have to keep trying for a boy. Girls are useless." John says, and Stiles swears that Snow makes a sad noise. He knows that it is his imagination, but his heart aches at the thought of his daughter growing to feel useless as he did.

"Do not speak about my child like that." Stiles tells him, firmly as he glares at him. John looks up at him as though he can't believe that his son is speaking to him like that.

"You dare speak to me like that?" John says, and Stiles gets lost in thought. It's like his entire childhood is playing before his eyes, and he doesn't know why he ever thought that his father loved him. "You are still my son. You will show me respect." John says, firmly.

"No. No, I won't. I hate you." Stiles says, looking at him. "You are a worthless old man that sold his son for money. You wouldn't care if Peter raped or beat me. Just as long as you got money. You are a cruel old man with a bitter bitch of a wife." Stiles spits, his angry boiling over. "You will not speak to me like that." Stiles tells him, firmly. "You will show respect to my daughter."

"You are nothing but a spoiled brat." John snaps at him, and Stiles seethes.

"Get out! Get the fuck out of this house!" Stiles screams at him, pointing towards the door. "GET OUT!" Stiles yells, making Snow fuss. John looks at him in disgust before he grabs his coat, and walks towards the door.

"When Peter gets tired out of you, don't come home." John snaps, slamming the door loudly. Stiles feels his heart pounding loudly as he calms Snow down from the loud noises, and he kisses her head as he tries to calm down but he can't. He can't believe that he just did that, that he yelled at his father, and he feels as though a weight has been lifted off of his chest.

Stiles kisses Snow's head before he flees from the room with her.